Good luck Gary!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
John M

Good luck Gary!!

Post by John M »

Just like to say good luck to Gary Connolly tomorrow night against NZ.He has been a fantastic servant to Wigan and never got the send off he deserved due to us losing at Saints.It wont be the same without Gary in the team next year and IMO we look much weaker without him.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
Fraggle

Gary Connolly

Post by Fraggle »

At least the JJB Stadium won't notice any real decrease in takings at the bar since he's only moving to play for Orrell. But things could have been quite serious if he'd gone somewhere else, alcohol consumption would have dropped quite dramatically if he'd gone elsewhere.

Anyway, best of luck to the lad. I was a bit of a critic a couple of seasons ago when I didn't think he was pulling his weight, but towards the end he was doing a great job for the team and I think he could have had at least another good season for us. But the salary cap is restricting everything so we have to change.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
magsrads

'Dimples' Connolly

Post by magsrads »

As I've posted before Gary was my 'first' hero when I got to the age to 'appreciate' players for more than their 'skills' ;0)

He's been a legend in the Cherry and White (and not just in the bar!!) and I wish him all the best even tho he's going over to the dark side! (See you in Jan when you come to play Rugby Lions!!!)

Wouldn't it be a wonderful send off (seeing as he won't get an official testimonial which after all he's done for the club doesn't seem right to me!) if he scored in all three tests - especially the winner at the JJB!! ??

We will miss him loads next year from our 'dinky' three quarter line ... unless (in the words of Yoda - finest RL coach there never was) there is another...

Come on Gary love - time for a bit of the old magic...
Fraggle

(OT) Yoda as RL coach!

Post by Fraggle »

'in the words of Yoda - finest RL coach there never was'. Don't know about RL, but Yoda would have been a brilliant coach at Yawnion: 'Kick, or kick not. There is no try'...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
magsrads

(OT2) But Fraggle...

Post by magsrads »

Yoda would never go over to the 'dark side' ...
:0)
bankheyes

Gary Connolly

Post by bankheyes »

I would like to echo the best wishes to a great servant.
He had been written off until Raper took over.
Saw his first game back (at Hull) when he played a blinder and has given us a further two very good years.