wiganrlfans forum

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Greatest brain

HI NITSUA

Post by The Greatest brain »

Good to see you lurking aswell.
So the other site when will it be back as my power crazy mind needs mod status.
Fraggle

mod status

Post by Fraggle »

You could always moderate yourself if you're that desperate to be a mod. Such things don't exist on here, unless Mike the Webmaster does it himself. Perhaps moderators are like politicians and should take off to recharge their batteries with them having such demanding jobs...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Mike
Site Admin

moderators

Post by Mike »

I can make people moderators. On this board it basically allows removal and editing of other users mailings. What other facilities should be avilable?
How does it work on wiganfans?

Who wants to be a moderator?

Administrators can add/remove privileges
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

moderators

Post by Fraggle »

Don't let Mr Brain bully you into letting him become a moderator, he became intolerable on the wiganrlfans site!

I'm not sure if there are enough messages posted on here to justify having lots of moderators. With only having the one category for messages there are no issues of things being posted in the wrong place, and whilst I've not tried it I seem to remember there used to be a filter to block bad language. The only remaining moderating issue I can think of is to delete any potentially libellous messages and I'm sure that if anyone wrote anything too ridiculous they would be shot down in flames.

And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....

[hr]
DaveO

Re:moderators

Post by DaveO »

On the wiganrlfans site there were several individual forums such as one for Wigan related stuff, a general rl one, a non rl one and so on.

If you were made a mod you then had to be assigned a forum(s) to moderate. I think most of us were assigned mod status to them all.

You could lock threads that went way off topic or just plain silly (very useful), move them to another forum - so the wigan forum didn't get cluttered up with threads about who is in love with who, delete and edit posts of others and so on.

Becuase there was more than one forum moving topics was what went on most often.

As to pea-brain - don't make him a mod. He was banned from the other board for a very offensive post and only recently came back - and started begging to be a mod.

Dave
The Greatest brain

Hummmm

I feel it is totally unfair to label me as some idiot monster people.
I will step forward as a mod.
Fraggle

Mr Brain/Super/Brill/The Greatest Pain/Whatever you're called today

Post by Fraggle »

{quote}I feel it is totally unfair to label me as some idiot monster people.{/quote}

Why? Your past record on the previous incarnation of this board plus the wiganrlfans board for ridiculous and occasionally offensive messages isn't exactly good, and anyway I feel your moderating skills wouldn't be tested much on here as everyone seems so far to be very sensible and self-moderating.

[hr]
Gai-Jin

Hi PD

Post by Gai-Jin »

I think BISA must use the same "Web Hosts", their board went down around the same time, also with no explanation???? Enjoy the beach mate, and don't be a stranger. G-J.
Mine's a pint (of Malt Whisky)
Pie Eyed

Hello everyone - Glad to find you here

Post by Pie Eyed »

Hi all.

Guess I'm a bit slow off the mark. It's taken me an AGE to get round to looking on Mikes board to find everyone.

Hope the web hosts get their fingers out soon and we can get the board back up.

Finally, as to Mr Super/Brain/whatever being a moderator - (!)
The Greatest brain

come on guys

this reputation your trying to build is totally unfair.
if anyone is suitable to be a mod then i am the man for the job without dount.
i am a greatest brain for a start i mean come on who else can offer such quality?