To all the Farrell knockers......

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pie eater and proud of it

To all the Farrell knockers......

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

So Faz never hacks it at international level...or so the Stains fans of this world would have us believe.... what a load of bull!

Top Carries
21 Andy Farrell
17 Stuart Fielden
16 Francis Meli
15 Gary Connolly
15 Jerry Seu Seu

Top Metres
150 Robbie Paul
133 Andy Farrell
127 Jerry Seu Seu
124 Tony Puletua
113 Stephen Kearney

Maybe this will shut them up....then again I doubt their puny brains will register.
DaveO

Re: Farrell

Post by DaveO »

It's amazingly quiet on the anti-Farrell front - as it always is when he carries his weight in a game.

Where did you get the stats from by the way?

Dave
John M

Stats again!!!

Post by John M »

PEAPOI,you had to do it didnt you>? Start me and Dave O off with stats again!!

Firstly i will say once again,Farrell has never performed as the outstanding player he is for Wigan when playing for GB.Why? I dont know.

Secondly,Farrell was no more than average on Saturday.The stats you serve up are only an indication of his work rate which i must admit on Saturday was quite high.He seemed to be taking the ball up non stop along with Stuart Fielden.

Thirdly,I was one of the main people who was calling for Farrells head after the test in Australia.I thought he really started hitting top form as the season ended though.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
pie eater and proud of it

Stats

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Got them off the usual Superleague site..the one with all the OPTA stuff.

Make interesting reading dont they?

I dont see 'Super Key' or the prodigal son Gleeson anywere......
DaveO

Re:stats

Post by DaveO »

pie eater (and JohnM !!) yes they do make interesting reading. As much for who is not mentioned as who is.

Only one GB player, Peacock made the top five tackle count and whatever JohnM says, they show Farrell was very much involved in the game particularly whwn it came to attack. You can't knock someone who is leading the way like that - its what a captain is supposed to do isn't it?

Lead by example :-)

Dave
John M

Meaning???

Post by John M »

What do you mean Dave?

I said that Farrell worked hard taking the ball up non stop on Saturday and i have no argument about the stats as far as using them as a guide to what a player has or hasnt been doing throughout a match.
What i did say and i still maintain is whilst Farrell worked very hard,he didnt turn on the style like we all know he can.One of these days he will really hit top form in a GB shirt and tear Australia or NZ apart down the left.On Saturday he played well without playing to his full potential.

My argumant concerning stats is that you cannot say one player is better than another just because their opta stats are higher.
Monie is God!

DaveO

Meaning

Post by DaveO »

...that Farrell is doing the job asked of him in playing in the second row, that the stats show he is doing it very well and show that he is one of GB's best players on the park.

He put in another good game today and its things like being able to do 60m drop outs late in the game (how many other players can do that at all let alone toward the end of a game) to relieve pressure that make him more than the ordinary player many seem to thin he is.

Dave
John M

Cant argue with that

Post by John M »

As a few of us have been saying for ages.Farrells best position is second row and i thought he had a hard working game in the first test but yesterday he was fantastic.Every time he got the ball they had a job on to put him down.At one point late in the game i remember him going forward with a player hanging from his shorts.It shows that next year he has got to team up with Cassidy in the second row and move Tickle to Lock.When Faz plays Lock he seems to tack it upon himself to try and do everything whilst at second row he really gets stuck in with the hard work.
If Raper gets him running out wide and has someone like Hodgson or Johnson shadowing him they will rip teams apart.I felt if Faz had had the support with him yesterday he could of put a few guys into space with an offload.It brought back the memories of when we used to call him Faz the fend when he first broke into the Wigan team.When hes on this type of form hes a world class player.
Monie is God!

Mike
Site Admin

more stats

Post by Mike »

I read in the guardian...

that Farrell took the ball up 10 times more than any other GB player on Saturday. He was David Waites man of the match, despite Sculthopre inexplcably being awarded it by the sponsers.

More nails in the coffin of Garry Scofield et als theory that Farrell doesn't perform on the big stage...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
DaveO

Re: More stats

Post by DaveO »

For the record:

Top Carries

28 Andy Farrell
18 Paul Sculthorpe
17 Robbie Paul
16 Stuart Fielden
15 Keith Senior
15 Paul Anderson
15 Ruben Wiki

Top Metres

167 Andy Farrell
151 Robbie Paul
151 Paul Anderson
148 Francis Meli
145 Clinton Toopi

Better than his effort in the first test. If anyone questions Farrells ability and effort at international level after these two games they want their heads testing.

Dave