Best places

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
kirky

Best places

Post by kirky »

I have to hold my hands up. I have never been to watch the Warrioirs at the JJB, although I used to go to Central Park whenever possible. Next season I will be buying a season ticket and I would like your suggestions of the best stand to go for. The last thing I want is to fork out and end up with a bunch of old whingers whose idea of excitement is sucking two mint balls at the same time.

Which is the liveliest?
Which is the most "prawn butty"?
What are price differences????
Man and ball, man and ball!
Mike
Site Admin

south stand...

Post by Mike »

The south stand is the best (IMO)

It has drummers and unrestricted seating. Upside of this is that you can get a good seat under the sticks every week if there is only you. Down side is that if there are a few of you, you can't get a good seat under the sticks every week unless you arrive early. The drummers were pretty good, but now there might be too many of them, they need to get organised...

Its the cheapest as well, about £2 cheaper than the East stand and cheaper still than the West stand. Its about £10 in the stand??? I'm not sure I have a season ticket. That's another thing, season ticket holders don't get reserved seats so you are treated like everyone else in the dash for a spot, but you are gaurenteed to get into the stand if you are season ticket holder, even if other people are being locked out.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

drummers

Post by Fraggle »

Although I understand some of the drummers and singers are moving back to the East Stand (middle-priced stand) for next year, which is a good thing cos it's been like a graveyard in there this year. Season ticket seats are generally between the 40m lines in that stand, although I can't remember any of the prices.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Welski

MAD MAN WITH BINOCULARS

Post by Welski »

I made it up from Tractor Boy land for the final round game against Leeds last season and ended up in the East Stand in the corner near the South stand. BUT WHAT A HASSLE GETTING IN!

Firstly I got delayed in traffic so turned up with about 5 mins to spare. I rushed to the ticket window with my plastic..."Sorry cash only" .."you'll have to go round the other side of the stadium to use that" ....so I leg it round and try to get a ticket for the East Stand (where I was told the home fans go)..."Sorry all I can do is give you cash then you will have to go back and buy your ticket at the other window"...so I leg it back round cash in hand where a huge queue has now developed... anyway finally got in to witness the end of our unbeaten run....

HOWEVER the PLUS POINT to the day was sitting next to an elderly gentleman resplendent in his Wigan top, head phones on and binoculars clamped to his face...He sat perfectly still and never said a word when I sat down...That was until about 2 minutes into the game when without any warning he suddenly shouted ...."COMMMEE ONNNNNN WIGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN" it started quietly then rose to a crescendo in the middle and tailed off at the end..all without moving a muscle...first time he did it he scared the life out of me. He continued to do it at regular random intervals throughout the game... SUPERB!
I'll be listening out for him on Sky next season! (Does anyone know him?)

Oh BTW the merry people at Wigan charged me a few quid for the privilege of getting the cash out..which I only found out when I got my credit card statement.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League