Knowsley Safari Park lives on

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
pie eater and proud of it

Knowsley Safari Park lives on

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... elens.html

So they arent moving from the Safari Park after all.....oh deary me they are facing 'severe financial difficulties' .....mwuahahahahahaha my heart is BLEEDING
Neirin

KR

Post by Neirin »

Still I suppose it is better than a sanitised soul-less stadium like JJB which will only ever be filled when Latics get to divsion one...as whelan well knows!!1
Taffy

Still at KR - hooray!!!

Post by Taffy »

Totally agree with you Neirin...stadia like the JJB, McAlpine, etc. just do not match up to "traditional" RL grounds for atmosphere.

Which grounds have increased attendances - KR, Headingly and, next year, no doubt Odsal.

Which grounds have reduced significantly - notably JJB (except when Latics play there!!)

I rest my case!!
Fraggle

Crowd figures

Post by Fraggle »

{quote}
Which grounds have increased attendances - KR, Headingly and, next year, no doubt Odsal.

Which grounds have reduced significantly - notably JJB (except when Latics play there!!)
{/quote}

Was the JJB significantly quieter this year in terms of attendance? Personally I don't think so, and having missed only 1 home game I think I'm in a good position to comment although I don't have the numbers to prove this either way. The less-popular games seemed to have higher attendances this year than last although perhaps the number of games with massive attendances reduced slightly.

As for Latics, last week they played a local Premiership club and only got about 15000 in, a far smaller crowd than Wigan RL attract for its biggest games. Otherwise they've been floating around the 6-8000 mark which is below virtually every RL game played at the JJB.

The comment earlier about only Latics filling the JJB is clearly a nonsense when you consider the GB vs Aus test last November. And can anyone really criticise the atmosphere in that match, or indeed any of the big games with crowds of 15,000 upwards over the last 3 years? I'm told by a that on the pitch the JJB seems to have the best atmosphere in the league, and that claim was made by a certain Mr Cummings who everyone knows hates Wigan!

Out of interest, what are the crowd figures for this season compared to last season for all the rugby grounds, or are these claims, like the ones usually made regarding salary caps, just idle speculation?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
wigan pier

K/N Otherwise know as the stadium of Sh**e

Post by wigan pier »

Hi Peapoi, I saw about 5 saint's fan's moaning about being the laughing stock of Rugby League after the decition was made to stay put! I almost cried laughing...!!

Prize pillock of the day is.......

Taffy!!!!

So Taffy, checked Latics attendences this season have you?

Dire is the phrase, similar in fact to your attendence as 'cheat champions' v NZ.
Pie_Eater14

Latics n crowds??????????????

Post by Pie_Eater14 »

i was listnin to wish fm last night when the latics match came on and the commantator was talking about the crowd from the man city match when the man in the studio sed and wots the crowd like now? the commentator thn strts countin thn says hng on ill be able to count them in a couple of seconds. As for knowsley road i think traditional, old, run down and words tothat effect are the only way to describe it. and when your head of supporters (i think she was anyway) goes on regional news and starts going on about the only reason they couldnt get a new stadium is dew to planning permission not being given for a SUPERSTORE??
cum on we all know the reason is that you cant afford a new one. oh by the way will the fairy lights still b there nxt season??????
By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen
Taffy

Proud pie-eater...you are sooooo.....

Post by Taffy »

...easy to wind up my son!!! HA! HA!

Taffy you are sooooooo.......

....full of it.

Blew your post out of the water did I?

As for me being easy to wind up, well I've been around long enough, on enough boards to know when someone is capable of even taking me on...so far you arent showing any signs.
Mike
Site Admin

hold on there

Post by Mike »

This topic is getting far too confrontational now. Calm it donw or I'll stop posts on this thread.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐