Re: CUP GIVEN COSMOPOLUTAN FLA...

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: CUP GIVEN COSMOPOLUTAN FLA...

Post by Mike »

After the trip to Perpignan, I quite fancy a Wiganers invasion of Moscow....

Unforetunately the Russian's have to play away from home 'cause its too cold for us over there!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Fraggle

Russians

Post by Fraggle »

I remember during the world cup in 2000 we (Lancaster folk, before I became a Mancunian!) hosted the Russian team and invited them down to our local amateur team's clubhouse to watch the England vs Australia opening match. They seemed a great bunch of people, although hardly any could speak English. They were playing Fiji in Barrow the next day so none of them were drinking alcohol, but a few even kept hold of the cans of Coca-Cola that were offered by the club, I think they must have been worth some money back home!

I'd be up for a trip to Russia in 2004; the French were allowed home ties after only 12 months so I don't see why Russia should be any different. But before anyone asks, no I don't know any Russian so won't be able to ask the local supermarket if we can buy their supply of alcohol, unlike in Perpignan...
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
johnsons_babexx

Except one

Post by johnsons_babexx »

There was bob he spoke english had a good old chin wag with him when he was down at lancaster and morecambe college training with the russians well he wasnt actually training cos he was injured but he did play later in the tournement. They were a really nice bunch we went to the hotel they were staying at before they travelled to the game they were playing in and it was my 18th birthday and they all wished me happy birthday well the ones who could speek english infact it was 2 yrs ago yesterday.

Didnt know u had moved fraggle is it better than lancaster where in manchester r u? Steph
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

Fraggle

Hi Stef

Post by Fraggle »

Good to hear from you Stef, I hope you and your family are well. I've been moved about 2 months now. I can't say Manchester's better than Lancaster, it's totally different. Personally I'd prefer to be closer to the sea and in a place where I know all the little back roads in nearly every area instead of in a place so big that I've never even heard of half the areas let alone know my way around. But the offer of free rent and a 5 minute walk to the office instead of the 60-miles-each-way drive I've had for 6 years in exchange for a bit of time helping students with assorted problems was a deal I couldn't turn down.

Incidentally, reading the not-very-subtle comment in your message, happy 20th birthday for yesterday!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
johnsons_babexx

Lancaster v manchester

Post by johnsons_babexx »

know what u mean it is nice knowing a town thats why i stay where i know.

Thank u fraggle for the happy birthday had a great day shame i had to work. still waiting for 1 present paul johnson. Ohh well will have to wait for christmas!!!
Officially PJ'sNo.1.Fan!!

1/3 of the original Nobby's girls - we have the t-shirts to prove it!!!!!

magsrads

Cup given Cosmopolitan flavour...

Post by magsrads »

totally misleading thread title there - thought you were going to announce that the Challenge Cup Winners (ie Our Boys) were featuring in one of Cosmo mags special 'sealed sections'!!!!!!
Look its been a bad week ...I'm looking for any crumb of a sniff of a glimpse of anyone who wears the cherry and white for a living, especially if they have Ginger hair,play fullback and have the initials KR!!!!!!!!
(Please be sat in the JJB next week where I can see you!!!)

If we did go to Russia I am quite willing to offer my services as interpreter for the team!!!