Re: JJB admission freeze

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Yeah, but the season tickets have increased. I don;t see the point of discriminating against season ticket holders. I suppose they want to increase revenue without putting off the casual fan.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
wigan pier

Post by wigan pier »

Mike not everyone can afford a season ticket! hence I would see that as being the reason for pegging the turnstile prices? every supporter should be made to feel welcome even if they only attend when they can for whatever reason..we need as many as we can get! if anyone feels upset by the season tickets not staying the same just pay on a game to game basis..it's thier choice.
PD

casual punter V diehard fans,(members)

Post by PD »

The concept of fixed or reduced entry prices is always going to be the easy option to increase crowds,but unless season tickets holders are given better value,(or at least the same value as the bargain price for casuals),you run the great risk of alienating your core members.Which WILL have a flow on effect,because they WILL let potential casuals know how badly they felt the club treated them.

BTW Mike.....I like the board & the blocked thread option,which you used quite wisely.
Just another Wigan fan
wigan pier

Re season tickets

Post by wigan pier »

PD I agree it would be great if wigan reduced the price of season tickets (even though you still save money with the new prices over paying at the gate) but as I said NOT ALL fan's can afford one if you can great! but for those who can't it seems a reasonable idea to me.
The Greatest brain

prices

Post by The Greatest brain »

surely it is better to have a stadium that is full to capacity then to have it half empty???
So if the prices were cut and season tickets were cheaper for adults and not just for under 18's then maybe the stadium could have a few more bodies in it instead of it being half empty.
Jilly43

admission prices

Post by Jilly43 »

Its not good news that they have frozen prices. they need to reduce prices to get peoplr into the stadium. My family and I still have to pay £48 for the four of us to sit in the East stand. And don't say get a season ticket as work commitments mean it is not the best option.