DROP GOAL PLEASE

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
welsh_warrior

DROP GOAL PLEASE

Post by welsh_warrior »

WHY OH WHY DIDNT THEY JUST TAKE THE DROP GOAL ?,
WHAT WAS JAMES LOWES THINKING ?HE HAD A REALLY GOOD GAME AND JUST DIDNT THINK WHEN IT MATTERED. OH YEA , AND HOW EARLY WAS THE REF CALLING "HELD " , ANY EARLIER AND THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN PLAYING TOUCH RUGBY.
John M

Damn!

Post by John M »

I thought Lowes had a blinder and spoiled it all by losing his head at the last minute.All he had to do was give the ball to Scully,Faz,Deacon,Horne or Orr and it would of been a GB victory.
More to the point though,what was Senior doing throwing that ermm,i think it was meant to be a pass?

Senior for failure of the week or what?
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
Fraggle

test match

Post by Fraggle »

Senior was guilty of a few bad things, that "pass" as much as Lowes bad decision at the end cost us the game. But it was a fantastic match, I can't believe we didn't win.

Sculthorpe won (inexplicably in my mind) the man of the match from the sponsors, but who won it on sky?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
pie eater and proud of it

Sculthorpe

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Well he was bound to win the muppets man of the match....they LOVE him.

I thought he was at fault defensively for 2 of the Kiwis trys...he just didnt make any attempt at tackling them.

Still he is the greatest player ever ever ever in the history of the entire world......
John M

to be fair

Post by John M »

I thought Sculthorpe played quite well.But i thought that Anderson had his best game for years.He really did take it to the Kiwis and they knew about it when they tackled him.He looked well brassed off to be coming off,he seemed to be really enjoying himself.

For the last test i would like to see Connolly move to centre and Senior dropped.The man is a liabilty and the odd break he makes is outweighed with his dreadful mistakes.Id move Horne into fullback.
At the end of the day,we should never of been forced to have to go for the drop goal to win the match.At the time of Seniors mistake we had the lead and needed a good set of six and a deep kick to steady the ship.There was no need to start throwing dumb passes in our own half.People can blame Jimmy Lowes for going for glory but the real culprit was Senior,another player who Eddie Hemmings wets himself over!
Every time i see Seniors name on the GB team sheet i can see danger for us.
Monie is God!

Fraggle

senior

Post by Fraggle »

I'd agree with most of that John. Scully did ok, but not enough for MoM. Senior just did forward passes and runs sideways, there was no go-forward at all. Anderson was superb, infact I thought our pack generally did very well. Farrell made some good yards and took several men with him, Fielden and Peacock were impressive as well. Didn't see much of Forshaw but that's just his style, he does a solid job but not really eyecatching. I definitely think playing Horne at f/b and moving Gary up would be a good idea. Senior has done nothing to justify his place, and he doesn't even have any pace unlike Gleason on the other side. Perhaps also we need to keep Sinfield away from the ptb, some of his passing off the ground was a bit to no-one at all!
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
John M

i agree

Post by John M »

you hit the nail on the head there Fraggle.
You can bet Senior will still be prancing about next week though because Eddie and Stevo say hes world class when hes playing against Salford and Wakefield and so he must be! Im sorry but i have a nasty taste in my mouth whenever i hear the name Kieth Senior,i just dont like the man and i have never rated him as a player.
Monie is God!

magsrads

Some fair points made...

Post by magsrads »

What a game! But how high do the Kiwi's have to tackle before something is done? Hohaia was only put on report cos he had to do a high jump to get round Faz's neck seeing as he only comes up to Faz's waistband!! (and the touchjudges noticed for once!!)
Thought Paul Anderson (or Uncle Fester as he's known round here!) was an absolute star - can we not clone him for next weekend?
And get Gary in the centres - NOW - he was sniffing at that try line like a man possessed.
And tho I am not really a cruel and vindictive person (honestly I'm not!!) I hope Gobbie's gashed knee means he has to have a rest next weekend - well it was inflicted by one of his own team - and he's said he won't spit his dummy out!!! (Yeah right!!) then its only Jonesy who can dip under the radar - but with only one little'un to watch amongst all those big blokes he may be easier to spot like what was happening towards the end of the game!!
Take Baby'syead Deacon off dropper duty too - he missed in the GF!!

And WHAT has the ref 'heard about' J Lowes? I've never heard a ref be so 'personal' about a player before ... and to dare to do it when his greatest fans were listening too...

Bring it on - can't wait to get to the JJB next week - Come on GB!!!

Hope next weeks game is as firey and exciting
The Greatest brain

players at fault.

Post by The Greatest brain »

Include leon pyrce, the man needs to read the game a lot better and should stick on his wing and learn to tackle.
Senior, grief he drops that ball too much and he can not defend to save the life of his mother.
Sculthorpe, decent enough going forward but at fault for a kiwi try, should learn to read the dummy pass more often and better.
Sinfield, a player who has no position in my view a jack of all trades but no expert in any, should be dropped. Several poor passes aswelll from dummy half.
o'Conner, got to say this one but he drops the ball too often when given a big smash.