Warriors Prepare for Florida Trip

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Warriors Prepare for Florida Trip

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan will continue their preparations for the new season and the World Club Challenge down under in January with a ten day training camp to Florida.

The Warriors use the National Training Centre near Orlando and have doen now on several occasions.

The Florida trip where the players can get quality sessions both on and off field and on a dry track will see the whole of the squad come together and is a huge part of the pre-season plans ahead of the warm up games which get underway shortly after the team return home and then the big kick off on February 7th at the DW against Huddersfield Giants.

Speaking about the trip, Head Coach Shaun Wane told us,

"The players have a programme to follow between Christmas and New Year before we leave for America on the 4th January. When we get their we will hopefully have a full squad who are all fit and well and ready to go.

"The trip is really intense we have everything and everything we do is geared towards the new season. We have fitness, skills, swimming, cycling, the facilities are second to none, every day is a warm day and we can get hours of skills into the team and with the Sports Science element we know just how far we can push them all to get the maximum benefits individually and as a team."

And on the squad Wigan have ahead of the new campaign, Shaun added,

"I am very happy with who we have in our squad. I understand we have had some quality players leave us but we have in years before and we have replaced them with quality individuals. Matty Bowen will bring us alot, he will bring us much both on and off the field, the same as Eddy Pettybourne will. He is a quality individual who has played in the grind of the NRL for many years and the two London lads who have come in have done a great job. They have fitted into our system really well and both are hungry and want to challenge for places in our side, the same can be said about all our new recruits. We are in a good place and I am confident going into this year."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... VOQZtZr.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
East Stand Faithful

Re: Warriors Prepare for Florida Trip

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Lockers looks like he has put on a lot of weight in that picture
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

East Stand Faithful wrote:Lockers looks like he has put on a lot of weight in that picture
I know :lol: :blush:
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Rumour has it Lockers wants to play prop this coming season.
:lol:
southportcdm

Post by southportcdm »

If and when someone finds out which players are going to Florida could you please let us know? It would be very interesting for example to know if Lauaki and Andy Powell are going. From what I've read today Waney seems to be happy with his squad and Greg Burke fancies playing second row. I still think that we may be an experienced prop short.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Wane - Happy Going Into 2014

As the Warriors head out to Florida at the weekend for an intense 10 day warm weather training camp Head Coach Shaun Wane has told us he is more than happy with the fitness and shape of his squad going into the pre-season games and start of Super League and the World Club Challenge.

Shaun told us,

"The whole squad have bought into our sysyems and are executing them really well. Everything has seemed to come together over the last few weeks, all the players body fats are down, they are all gaining weight, they are all bigger and at the maximum weight for optimum speed so all the fitness scores are really good.

"I am a skills person and we have done loads on skills so far in pre-season and I want our skill levels to be really high and our errors to be down. I want all our players at their optimum weight, I want them big,strong and lean. The runs at Rivington and Formby, the effort the players have put in has been superb."

On the squad itself, Shaun added,

"I am very happy with what we have got but I am always on the look out as well, that won't change. We have lost Harrison but we have plenty of options in the Back Row with Jack Hughes and new signings Tony Clubb and John Bateman, we will be OK. All the players know there are spots up for grabs and that is the same on the wing as well with Anthony Gelling, Dom Manfredi and Joe Burgess after one spot and it's upto them. They have all trained really well and will all get a chance in our pre-season games."

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... dfFP8bt.99
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Think the picture in this link was the one supposed to be in the OP!! ????????????