That "Sam" moment

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Welski

That "Sam" moment

Post by Welski »

Query from down south...I'm really looking forward to this season the team has some fresh faces, some young some not so, although all with the potential to gel into another trophy winning team. Is there anyone coming through who you guys think has the ability to bring the sort of moments a certain ex player did in his pomp or do you think wigan/RL was a little spoiled during those halcyon days?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Wes

Re: That "Sam" moment

Post by Wes »

Ryan Hampshire and possibly Dan Sarginson.
Kaii

Post by Kaii »

Rocky, Joe Burgess & Dan Sarginson imo are going to have massive years. You also can't forget about Dominic Manfredi but his spot is blocked by the best winger in super league.

TBH i was a little worried with so many people leaving but these four are shining examples that in Wane we are in good hands.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Rocky Hampshire is the obvious one; Burgess as a classical flyer on the wing. Not for the first team YET but Jake Sharrock (fantastic kicker BTW) and Oliver Gildart have a touch of magic about them IMO.

I do not think he will be like Sam or produce it time after time but I daresay Bowen still has it in him to produce some amazing skill. He was as good, probably better than Sam at the same age.

We have a lot of very good prospects coming through. Adrian Shelfords son is a very promising half back. Few other in that age group of similar class / ability too.

A forward, tall No 10 v Skolars IIRC looks to have bags of potential.
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Petal and Scott Taylor to be massive for us this year in the forwards if we are to make it count.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Shorrocks looked superb on Friday. Manfredi really was fantastic.
All of the above, plus I think Bateman will turn into the best ball playing second rower in the game in the next 2 years.
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:Shorrocks looked superb on Friday. Manfredi really was fantastic.
All of the above, plus I think Bateman will turn into the best ball playing second rower in the game in the next 2 years.
Shorrocks is a player who seems to be improving at a rapid rate. He was outstanding v Leeds in the academy game at Orrell last year and played well in the final, all this despite being first year U17's. The fight for the half back spots in the U19's this year will be interesting.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Benji Flower for me, well, not exactly in the way Tomkins did but hopefully he will kick on again in 2014 and be a little powerhouse
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
devon jim 1

Post by devon jim 1 »

Watched 'Benidorm' on tele the other nigh(tnot seen it before} imagine my shock seeing Sam and Scot Quinell acting as Kenneth and Liam? in the hotel Hair Salon.A Sam moment in deed. :) Looking forward to seeing young Hampshire this season. Loads of promise.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

devon jim 1 wrote:Watched 'Benidorm' on tele the other nigh(tnot seen it before} imagine my shock seeing Sam and Scot Quinell acting as Kenneth and Liam? in the hotel Hair Salon.A Sam moment in deed. :) Looking forward to seeing young Hampshire this season. Loads of promise.
Can't believe you've never seen it before Jim. Funniest thing on TV!