Wigan Tv

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dennis Mc Hugh

Wigan Tv

Post by Dennis Mc Hugh »

Re: Under 19's Fixture Details
I subscribed to Wigan TV on the understanding that the U19s matches would be shown. Does anyone know why they're not being shown? Also how does one contact the organisers to make suggestions for improvements? I've emailed them twice and received no reply. A team sheet is important so we can identify the youngsters and a knowledge of the score during the match would be very useful. I also cannot understand the logic of leaving the camera running for 10 mins during the half time interval!! If I'm in the wrong place to make these comments I apologise but I certainly will not be renewing my membership next season on current performances

I posted the above and am pleased to say that the comments made by me and by others have been acted upon. I recently watched the U19s v Bradford. A full team sheet was displayed for both teams, the camera was turned off during the interval and every try and goal was clearly seen.
If I may: Please ask someone, (the cameraman for instance)
to provide an update on the score as the match progresses or show the scoreboard if there is one. Big improvement though, congratulations to the new organiser.
cpwigan

Re: Wigan Tv

Post by cpwigan »

Stewart Frodsham the new guy at the helm is really responsive to any ideas and seems set to improve Wigan TV IMO.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Slightly off topic Dennis, which Wigan youngsters particularly excite you as future first teamers OR star players of the future?
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

I think both 2nd rowers Moore & Davies have potential, i ilke they're frame but will need to add some bulk before they can step up.
Lawrence is the opposite body shape, he looks quite nuggety and the Bulls found him hard to handle.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Wigan TV is crap, lets be honest
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If what was promised is delivered then no it is not crap IMO. Nothing better exists in RL to my knowledge. I have not seen Hull KR/Hull FC TV but Leeds is certainly no better, probably inferior. Salford promised but nothing has materialised.

I used to pay £6 per DVD for games I had to collect personally from Micron be it U16s, U19s or first team so Wigan TV is a lot cheaper. The issue was IMO getting games up and available ASAP according to the promises.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:If what was promised is delivered then no it is not crap IMO. Nothing better exists in RL to my knowledge. I have not seen Hull KR/Hull FC TV but Leeds is certainly no better, probably inferior. Salford promised but nothing has materialised.

I used to pay £6 per DVD for games I had to collect personally from Micron be it U16s, U19s or first team so Wigan TV is a lot cheaper. The issue was IMO getting games up and available ASAP according to the promises.
Well said, cp!
Bilko

Post by Bilko »

I've been told Wigan TV plan to use our Wish FM commentary for the non televised game videos, I guess starting with Widnes.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

cpwigan wrote:Slightly off topic Dennis, which Wigan youngsters particularly excite you as future first teamers OR star players of the future?
The ones that play/do as they're told!!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Bilko wrote:I've been told Wigan TV plan to use our Wish FM commentary for the non televised game videos, I guess starting with Widnes.
????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan