Bringing back Joel is just the start

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: Bringing back Joel is just the start

Post by cpwigan »

The forwards are more likely to return IMO as Union is not normally an option for them. Sam can earn far more going to Union if he ever wants to return from the NRL.

Moreover, who is to say they are wanted. We have some fantastic youngsters. If they come through there may not be a need for returnees.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I may be reading the wrong article, but isn't this about the Tomkinses coming home rather than lots of people coming back to the game?
I am not a fan of re signing union players as they are pretty much always worse players for their time in that game, and agree that they are less likely to want forwards than outside backs, but I didn't see that as on the point.
Welski

Post by Welski »

Just to put alternative and somewhat more negative spin on things you could see Joel’s move back to RL with Wigan as a stepping stone to the NRL. Sam so far hasn’t been the stand out he was at Wigan but is certainly playing well in a hot and cold team. However I’m sure he will be enjoying the lifestyle in NZ (Aus) (it’s a heck of a place to live for a young sporting type assuming he doesn’t get homesick) and this might have made Joel decide he would like to try. He would have the exposure and cash that the NRL brings a League player –pretty much the reasons I’m assuming he tried Union in the first place. To go from Union to NRL might have been more difficult….I hope I’m wrong.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

If Joel is just the start, who next . . Kyle Eastmond? Unlikely to play for England yawnion again, from what I've read.
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐