Andy Farrell set for Comeback

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The booze hound

Re: Andy Farrell set for Comeback

Post by The booze hound »

The guy represented Wigan for 13years. I can't see how his loyalty is questioned. He owes Wigan nothing. He put his body on the line for us and I for one am grateful.
x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

Whelley Warrior wrote:Went to Union, not just for himself, but more so to take his son!

Thanks Andy, for taking a great talent from our game!
well he's not going to leave him here is he :exc:

"Family's off to the south now lad, you stay here and look after yourself" :roll:

AF gave is all, body and mind to the club. He left injured and coming to the end of a great career. A double MOS and a GIANT of RL.
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

I think Farrell was close to retiring anyway when he left League so people can hardly blame him for picking up huge money and prolonging his career for an extra few years playing Union. We easily had his best years and he was a long way past his best when he left.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Farrell owes wigan nothing, wigan fans owe farrell for the immeasurable contribution he made to the history of our team. Also farrell never went to union, a broken down shell of a player went to union. If he had gone at the height of his powers then yeah i could understand the animosity against him but he was shot and if he would had played on it would only have led to a once great player playing under 10 matches a season badly, look at sculthorpe, he almost earns resentment from saints fans for carrying on TOO long so you cant win.

As for him taking his son?, well if you are the type of person who would tell your child not to take a well paid job in which you will be looked after, will have money to burn when your career is over which you can get years our of and wont get your body destroyed in the process and instead to a low paid job were you will have a shelf life of max 10-12 years and more than likely be crocked after looking for work. Well if that's you then maybe you want to consider what an incredibly selfish human you are
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
yokozuna wrote:One of the best players I've ever seen play, and has been said he carried Wigan for some of his career. Would love to have him in the side now at his peak.

The attitude of some Wigan fans towards Farrell is beyond me.
They are entitled to their opinions of him!
Everyone's entitled to their opinion. Doesn't mean it's valid or that I have to understand or agree with it!
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
Pharabus

Post by Pharabus »

southernpie wrote:
menpond wrote:Did not the AFARRELL years happen to be a time of failure for Wigan. ? Should be ashamed to show his face .
By my reckoning Andy Farrell has winners medals with Wigan RL winning
2 World Club challenges
4 Challenge Cups
1 Super League Grand Final
4 League Winners (Pre Super League)
4 Premierships (old GF :wink: )
3 Regal Trophies
and
A Middlesex Rugby Union 7's

I don't think I would call that a failure
yes, but, except for

2 World Club challenges
4 Challenge Cups
1 Super League Grand Final
4 League Winners (Pre Super League)
4 Premierships (old GF :wink: )
3 Regal Trophies
and
A Middlesex Rugby Union 7's

what did he ever do for us?

;)
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Can't beleive the rubbish in this thread re the qualities and loyalty of Andy farrell, Both unquestionable. Carried Wigan single handidly at times and never gave anything less than 100%. menpond needs a labotomy !!
Eon0890

Post by Eon0890 »

I know, I had no idea wigan fans had such a low opinion of him just because he went to Union at the arse end of his career. He was both a great player and leader, one of my favourite seasons was 2004 when he pretty much carried us to within 80 minutes of the grand final playing at prop, as well as the challenge cup final, he was unbelievable that year and was for most of his career
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

Eon0890 wrote:I know, I had no idea wigan fans had such a low opinion of him just because he went to Union at the arse end of his career.
Using this thread as a gauge I think it's a minority that hold a grudge, but most hold Faz in high regard and are thankful for his service.