Eddy P, a liability?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Eddy P, a liability?

Post by cpwigan »

No not his Terry O'Connor v Gordon Tallis impression rather his hopeless decision making in defence that largely led to 2 Wire tries. Wires dominance in the 1st half owed much to his presence in the defensive line. Sorry but for an Aussie, Eddy is 'dumb' defensively!

We need Taylor OR dudson to replace him in the XVII IMO.
wildbeast

Re: Eddy P, a liability?

Post by wildbeast »

Not dudson PLEASE !!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

wildbeast wrote:Not dudson PLEASE !!
ANYBODY, even Hughes for 10/15 minutes at prop. Eddy is like a cross between an energizer bunny and a headless chicken. He is so eager to shoot out the line he makes rash and dumb decisions.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Do you not think he had a great 15-20 mins just before his sin binning? To be fair Paul Wood threw 4 of his best and Eddy just stood there, class!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Do you not think he had a great 15-20 mins just before his sin binning? To be fair Paul Wood threw 4 of his best and Eddy just stood there, class!!
He headless TBW. Go through that 1st half again and he was the biggest issue we had by far defensively.
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Do you not think he had a great 15-20 mins just before his sin binning? To be fair Paul Wood threw 4 of his best and Eddy just stood there, class!!
He headless TBW. Go through that 1st half again and he was the biggest issue we had by far defensively.
I wasn't disagreeing with anything you said just making a point about the start of his second half!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jobo

Post by jobo »

cpwigan wrote:
At the game he looked outstanding at times. Not been his biggest fan so far but along with Gelling he does seem to be coming on as an asset rather than liability.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Jobo, he looks much better than he is owing to his frantic headless chicken approach BUT defensive brain is none existent. He will cost us more than win us games!
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

cpwigan wrote:No not his Terry O'Connor v Gordon Tallis impression rather his hopeless decision making in defence that largely led to 2 Wire tries. Wires dominance in the 1st half owed much to his presence in the defensive line. Sorry but for an Aussie, Eddy is 'dumb' defensively!

Don't like to say this CPW but I agree. For the second week running we went off the ball when Wane changed his entire front row, leave Flower on for goodness sake until he begins to flag after about 60 minutes. Unfortunately I'm afraid he might not have that decision to make next week for Micky Mac, the way Powell has played the last two weeks makes me think we should get Tomkin's Jnr back on the pitch when MM is banned.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
TrueBlueWarrior

ian.birchall wrote:
cpwigan wrote:No not his Terry O'Connor v Gordon Tallis impression rather his hopeless decision making in defence that largely led to 2 Wire tries. Wires dominance in the 1st half owed much to his presence in the defensive line. Sorry but for an Aussie, Eddy is 'dumb' defensively!

Don't like to say this CPW but I agree. For the second week running we went off the ball when Wane changed his entire front row, leave Flower on for goodness sake until he begins to flag after about 60 minutes. Unfortunately I'm afraid he might not have that decision to make next week for Micky Mac, the way Powell has played the last two weeks makes me think we should get Tomkin's Jnr back on the pitch when MM is banned.
We miss Williams!!