Go easy on Ben - It's only a game!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: Go easy on Ben - It's only a game!!

Post by Panchitta Marra »

platt-warrior wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
cpwigan wrote: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:

I was ashamed to be a Wigan supporter last night reading fans labelling Ben Flower a coward. Truly the lowest of the low IMO.
It's difficult not to react when someone hits you in the face with his elbow, I am sure you know what reaction you would have made CP, as I know what my reaction would have been.
Running in from 10yds aiming an elbow to the face is more of a cowardly action instead.
Ben reacted but just took it one step too far.
Sadly I see a double figure match ban pending as a result of a player, possibly already concussed being hit with another punch.
Ben Flower is no coward and far from it.
What 2 absolutely disgraceful posts from 2 posters i once had some
respect for. :angry:
Which parts of the posts are disgraceful PW?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Agree with all that!!
Me too. None of us know when the red mist is going to come down. The length of his ban is irrelevant, its everything else he will have to deal with. Not least becoming the subject of many a future Pub Quiz question alongside Kevin Moran, Andrés Escobar et al!
John Ferguson

Post by John Ferguson »

]
cpwigan wrote:

I will not sway from my view that last night was payback for IL opposing the RFL and EM supporting the RFL.
That's an embarrassing statement.
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Think Flower is already mentally damaged. No excuses no place for this in any sport. The second cheap shot was just insane. Cost us the game of that i'm sure. Even with 12 men we were the best team -had several excellent chances and all the rugby came from Wigan. As for the conspiracy theory that the rl are out to get Wigan as reported in other threads-what planet are you guys on. Take the blinkers off and get real.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

wildbeast wrote:Think Flower is already mentally damaged. No excuses no place for this in any sport. The second cheap shot was just insane. Cost us the game of that i'm sure. Even with 12 men we were the best team -had several excellent chances and all the rugby came from Wigan. As for the conspiracy theory that the rl are out to get Wigan as reported in other threads-what planet are you guys on. Take the blinkers off and get real.
Not totally convinced of that Beest. Do you believe Catalan got a fair crack last week? For all the RFL expansion, can they really afford a team from the South of France to appear in a Grand Final?

Just a thought!
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

As I stated last night I did not have a problem with the first punch it was the follow up that bothered me most. I really am not into having a slanging match over the rights or wrongs of the incident because we each of us see things in a different way and will not reach an amicable agreement. Now after saying all of that I will still support Ben Flower and shall applaud him just as I will applaud every wigan player. Sadly this will not be for quite some time because of the lengthy ban that will be imposed on him. The one good thing to come out of this is my belief that Stains win is a tainted win and the LLS is one that no other team could give a shite for. The stains fans should be pleading with the rfl for leniency because they know the win was a gift from Ben.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

To say I am gutted is a understatement. But not blaming anyone. Ben Flower has to live with the concequencies of his actions.And we still had the players and chances to win. Very proud of the team. Just WHY did it have to be Stains. :(
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

wildbeast wrote:Think Flower is already mentally damaged. No excuses no place for this in any sport. The second cheap shot was just insane. Cost us the game of that i'm sure. Even with 12 men we were the best team -had several excellent chances and all the rugby came from Wigan. As for the conspiracy theory that the rl are out to get Wigan as reported in other threads-what planet are you guys on. Take the blinkers off and get real.
If you genuinely believe the RFL are genuine then trust me you need to remove your blinkers, they are more corrupt than the Sopranos!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

John Ferguson wrote:]
cpwigan wrote:

I will not sway from my view that last night was payback for IL opposing the RFL and EM supporting the RFL.
That's an embarrassing statement.
Why?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

Kittwazzer wrote:
Not totally convinced of that Beest. Do you believe Catalan got a fair crack last week? For all the RFL expansion, can they really afford a team from the South of France to appear in a Grand Final?

Just a thought!
You have a point kitt and agree last week was suspect but no conspiracy against Wigan