Lineker you pratt!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
FROM A TO B

Lineker you pratt!

Post by FROM A TO B »

Quote from Gary Lineker regarding the Flower incident
"If only other team sports could match the on-field behaviour of football."

Is he for real
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Lineker you pratt!

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

FROM A TO B wrote:Quote from Gary Lineker regarding the Flower incident

Is he for real
Think it was sarcasm!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Is he for real
I think he is been sarcastic tbh. Or he has no idea at how funny footballers diving really is.
wildbeast

Post by wildbeast »

thegimble wrote:

Is he for real
I think he is been sarcastic tbh. Or he has no idea at how funny footballers diving really is.
Nothing against Lineker and definately a sarcastic comment
Jules

Post by Jules »

Not sure he is being sarcastic, he's stating punches aren't thrown in professional football matches.

Its a hugely different game, and Roy Keanes attack on an opponents knee was more likely to cause long term injury than Ben Flowers punch.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

He tweeted later on a picture of a rod and a fish he was trolling which the bbc when quoting him failed to pick up on
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I prefer this
Former Wigan winger Martin Offiah: "Second punch Flower threw was over the top but in Rugby League if you forearm somebody in the face you can't complain if he clocks you one. If I had done what Lance did I'd expect a slap. Lance Hohaia will never attack Ben Flower again. Not condoning second punch on a prone player."
One idiot that went under the radar
Former England striker Michael Owen: "In China but just seen those punches. First one was shocking but the second one was a disgrace. Can you imagine the outcry if a footballer did that? To hit someone again when they are already out cold is hard to understand."
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Gary's Brother is hardly a angel!
phild1

Post by phild1 »

cpwigan wrote: I prefer this
Former Wigan winger Martin Offiah: "Second punch Flower threw was over the top but in Rugby League if you forearm somebody in the face you can't complain if he clocks you one. If I had done what Lance did I'd expect a slap. Lance Hohaia will never attack Ben Flower again. Not condoning second punch on a prone player."
Former England striker Michael Owen: "In China but just seen those punches. First one was shocking but the second one was a disgrace. Can you imagine the outcry if a footballer did that? To hit someone again when they are already out cold is hard to understand."
cpwigan wrote: I prefer this
cpwigan wrote:I prefer this
=phild,spot on Martin the head shot on flower should have been picked up I think any player would have retaliated.the first punch did the trick,I re played the incident and the match officials were not that far away it's funny Toby jug wellens was screaming after the killer punch he must have woke the lineman UP,
rdownes9

Post by rdownes9 »

If you follow Linekers twitter page you'll see his timeline is full of tongue in cheek remarks like that. He's very funny on there and most of his comments are sarcastic