Re: Jason Robinson

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Jason Robinson

Post by Mike »

I think this site should have a page dedicated to Jason Robinson!After all he did win us the 1998 grandfianl!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Jason Robinson

Post by Mike »

He was on Radio 5 Live this morning - any one else hear him ?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Jason Robinson

Post by Mike »

He has defected to Rugby Union. Unforgiveable in my book.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

My sentiments exactly. He has gone and good riddance to any player that defects to Union.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Jason Robinson

Post by Mike »

Does'nt Rah Rah get enough coverage? Has'nt the most famous club in Rugby League got anything to talk about but a Rugby Union player. Robinson is history, let's talk about our players, players who want to play a proper rugby game.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Jason Robinson

Post by Mike »

I agree. He's left League and gone to kick and clap. End of story.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

Sorry but don't be so childish. How many great players have defected from union to league, and especially Wigan. Far more than from Wigan to Union.Like all of us the man has ambitions, needs and ambitions. The only thing he had to win in Rugby league would be the World Cup at national level, he'd done everything he could at club level and needed a new challenge. Good luck to him for taking a gamble and facing the challenge head on. That doesn't mean to say he'll be missed, but you've got to remember the great times he's had at Wigan and the trophies he's helped get us, not bitch about him leaving.Andy Law
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

Re: The

Post by Mike »

There's one thing having ambition, there's another living on pipedreams. Winning a test series against Australia and a world cup would be pipe dreams. The lad wants to play international ruigby at the highest level, and although it pains me to say, International RU has far more credabillity than International RL. Playing for Sale is just a means to an end. As far as playing for England in the world cup, and Sale. Do you think Wigan would have let Scott Quinnell have time off to play for Wales in the 5 nations (if Wales would have wanted him)? I can't see it, so why should RU sides be accomodating to us? The truth is we've pilleged the ranks of RU for years, and now we're getting a taste of our own medicine, and so people don't like the taste.Anyway back to the point, The original posting was about someone not wanting a page dedicated to him because he left to go to RU. I think the fact he's left the club to RU doesn't stop all the achievements and his greatness not being recognised by the web site.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Mike
Site Admin

The "only thing"?

Post by Mike »

The only thing he had to win was the world cup? Well that is pretty important.What about a test series v Australia?What about an NRL grand final even?I don't think club RU is much of a challenge for a player of his ability.I remember the good times with JR but two things rankle.1. The farce that was the way he left the club.2. The fact he went to play for Sale during the RL world cup against lowly sides in preference to helping a needy England out one last time.On the last point he says it was not possible because of contractual obligations.Well why didn't he negotiaite a contract that allowed him to represent England? He was the one in the driving seat.I can only conclude he did not want to.That, IMO, tarnishes his reputation.Dave
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐