Mentor Matty Excited For New Season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Mentor Matty Excited For New Season

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors full back Matty Bowen has spoken of his excitement ahead of the new First Utility Super League season and his crucial role mentoring the young players in Shaun Wane's squad.

After a stellar career with 270 North Queensland Cowboys appearances, Bowen is happy to pass on his experience saying: "It is something I enjoy, it's not just me teaching them, they teach me as well every time we get on the park as you never stop learning. They keep me on my toes as there is a lot of healthy competition for places which is good for the club."

When asked about young Full Back Ryan Hampshire, Bowen stated: "Rocky showed his promise when he played last year and it will be no different this season, he will be one to watch not just for Wigan but for Super League in general. I love watching him play and training alongside him so if he keeps working hard then he will be big."

After impressing last season and earning another year in Cherry and White, Matty is relaxed about his future saying: "I will just see what happens, I do not want to make a decision straightaway and will see how the season goes. I will probably know more in the middle of the year."

The Australian is also looking forward to a meeting with his compatriots when Brisbane visit the DW on February 21st commenting: "You always want to play against the NRL and the game against the Broncos should be a great occasion, but there are a tough couple of weeks in store first, as we need to play well in the games before to get selected for the Brisbane fixture."

On asked about the Warriors chances against the Broncos, Bowen stated: "With the team we have I think we can match any side, however saying that we have to start playing well, but I just can't wait to get out there to be honest."

Tickets for the World Club Series game against Brisbane Broncos are available from the DW Stadium Ticket Office, the Ticket Hotline on 0871 66-33-552 and online by clicking here.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 0pFQGrQ.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan