magic joel tompkins!!??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
furby666

Re: magic joel tompkins!!??

Post by furby666 »

In reply to my comments re JT since he returned from the dark side his attitude needs to change --arrogant he give penaties away because at times he seems to think he can do as he pleases! He needs to remember he is a player in a team he is not the team!He constantly messing about after he has made a tackle like a petulant child.He is not in union now this is league.If you need an example who gave a stupid penalty against Brisbane oh Joel and we lost nice one.
To have my details taken off when all I did was to correct someone who was being insulting to me!Yet his comments are ok?Why? Then I receive note from J. Andrews suggesting I was not being truthful what would be the point of that? Thisis all wrong I look at some comments on here and the words used leave a lot to be desired but they are ok and mine are all removed. Unfair and calling me a liar I am not a liar and stronly object to her attitude!!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Has menpond got an a.k.a?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

furby666 wrote:In reply to my comments re JT since he returned from the dark side his attitude needs to change --arrogant he give penaties away because at times he seems to think he can do as he pleases! He needs to remember he is a player in a team he is not the team!He constantly messing about after he has made a tackle like a petulant child.He is not in union now this is league.If you need an example who gave a stupid penalty against Brisbane oh Joel and we lost nice one.
Was it Tomkins who gave that penalty away with a high tackle or was the penalty not awarded for the ball being reaped away which had nothing to do with Joel.
I'm not having a go at you here Furby, but JT is putting in some very good stints here for Wigan on his return from Onion and his offending rate doesn't stand out from the rest.
On Friday I would have stuck up for my brother (if I had one) like he did and I think he is settling back into Rugby League very well to which I had my previous doubts. :)
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

He needs to go on Wigan Today, that's more his style.

Joel had a stormer on Friday, the best since his return. I'm sure he's been in touch with Sam over the weekend and told him what he missed out on.

Also thought it was Mossop's best game since his return.
TrueBlueWarrior

Panchitta Marra wrote:
furby666 wrote:In reply to my comments re JT since he returned from the dark side his attitude needs to change --arrogant he give penaties away because at times he seems to think he can do as he pleases! He needs to remember he is a player in a team he is not the team!He constantly messing about after he has made a tackle like a petulant child.He is not in union now this is league.If you need an example who gave a stupid penalty against Brisbane oh Joel and we lost nice one.
Was it Tomkins who gave that penalty away with a high tackle or was the penalty not awarded for the ball being reaped away which had nothing to do with Joel.
I'm not having a go at you here Furby, but JT is putting in some very good stints here for Wigan on his return from Onion and his offending rate doesn't stand out from the rest.
On Friday I would have stuck up for my brother (if I had one) like he did and I think he is settling back into Rugby League very well to which I had my previous doubts. :)
Exactly, I don't mean to be rude but I find the OP way off the mark!! He has arguably been our stand out player this year with Bateman!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Panchitta Marra

First Try Tickle wrote:He needs to go on Wigan Today, that's more his style.

Joel had a stormer on Friday, the best since his return. I'm sure he's been in touch with Sam over the weekend and told him what he missed out on.

Also thought it was Mossop's best game since his return.
Moose is getting better with match fitness and there's improvement still in the bank if he can remain free of injury.
He looks stronger now than before his trip down South.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

The only downside to Joel's return is that RU seems to have instilled a streak of 'deliberate nastiness' in him in the tackle. Facials & elbows etc. Everywhere else on the pitch, he is as impressive a player as we have. Wouldn't trade him for anyone else and wouldn't be unhappy to see him at right-centre.
Agree about LM - his best match and he looked seriously strong.
Panchitta Marra

Southern Softy wrote:The only downside to Joel's return is that RU seems to have instilled a streak of 'deliberate nastiness' in him in the tackle. Facials & elbows etc. Everywhere else on the pitch, he is as impressive a player as we have. Wouldn't trade him for anyone else and wouldn't be unhappy to see him at right-centre.
Agree about LM - his best match and he looked seriously strong.
A forwards game is elbows into awkward areas SS, do you see Joel Tomkins offending much more or worse than other players?
Most players get their heads or faces ground into the dirt at the end of a tackle and quite often the tackler pushes himself up of the back of the ball carriers head/neck.
It's not nice, but sadly part of the game probably since its introduction as a sport.
furby666

Post by furby666 »

Hi True blue warrior it is Furby666 and there is only one furby! Re-joel comments he is not the prodigal son.He left Wigan for a big cheque now its spent has come back some may say till the next offer comes along? Whats Loyalty??Joel???
To have my details taken off when all I did was to correct someone who was being insulting to me!Yet his comments are ok?Why? Then I receive note from J. Andrews suggesting I was not being truthful what would be the point of that? Thisis all wrong I look at some comments on here and the words used leave a lot to be desired but they are ok and mine are all removed. Unfair and calling me a liar I am not a liar and stronly object to her attitude!!!
TrueBlueWarrior

furby666 wrote:Hi True blue warrior it is Furby666 and there is only one furby! Re-joel comments he is not the prodigal son.He left Wigan for a big cheque now its spent has come back some may say till the next offer comes along? Whats Loyalty??Joel???
Who said he is the prodigal son?

Do you have access to his bank account?

So every player that plays for more than one club is not loyal?

Sorry but you are talking drivel, in my humble opinion of course!!