magic joel tompkins!!??

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
platt-warrior

Re: magic joel tompkins!!??

Post by platt-warrior »

All hail furby son of Menpond!!!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

furby666 wrote:Hi True blue warrior it is Furby666 and there is only one furby! Re-joel comments he is not the prodigal son.He left Wigan for a big cheque now its spent has come back some may say till the next offer comes along? Whats Loyalty??Joel???
Sporting careers are short careers, especially when they're as brutal as Rugby League.
Joel can't be blamed for looking after his future whichever path it takes.
gruffy

Post by gruffy »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
furby666 wrote:Hi True blue warrior it is Furby666 and there is only one furby! Re-joel comments he is not the prodigal son.He left Wigan for a big cheque now its spent has come back some may say till the next offer comes along? Whats Loyalty??Joel???
Sporting careers are short careers, especially when they're as brutal as Rugby League.
Cant disagree with you add the factor in that it could all be over in a blink of an eye as well you can't blame anyone,not just Joel for looking after themselves.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

gruffy wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Cant disagree with you add the factor in that it could all be over in a blink of an eye as well you can't blame anyone,not just Joel for looking after themselves.
I think it is wrong to just link it to sporting careers, I know that when it comes to my job I look after myself, would like to be paid as much as possible and retire as soon as possible.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

I think it's quite simple with Joel.play him in the second row always and never ever play him at centre.hes not the best and is overrated but is wigan through and through.hes not clever enough at centre and needs to run as hard as he does when he can't see the try line.i want more clean breaks in your own 25 Joel.come on wigan fans who agrees with this coz all his breaks are in the opposition 25. Oh and no stats please I'm going off what I've seen with my own eyes
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
sc74

Post by sc74 »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
gruffy wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote: Sporting careers are short careers, especially when they're as brutal as Rugby League.
I think it is wrong to just link it to sporting careers, I know that when it comes to my job I look after myself, would like to be paid as much as possible and retire as soon as possible.
Absolutely, and anyone who says otherwise is lying, deluded or rich enough.
League players' salaries are an absolute joke, thanks to the RFL not being able to promote the game effectively.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

furby666 wrote:OK yes we do not want him playing for saints?But that has nothing to do with my comment on him did you understand it---as you seem to say--enough said??
I fully understand your question. My answer is that Joel is a top player and every top player needs cockiness/arrogance or whatever you want to call it. Gregory, Hanley, Farrel and Edwards had it in bucket loads. Can you please point out the penalties he gave away on Friday?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
furby666

Post by furby666 »

Wow one match!! as they say one swallow does not make a summer! Also Joel---edwards----faz all took21 pieces ? But not Sam he at least stayed on the right side.When it comes to rugby league players it also matters are they a dec s ent person too.Take a look at one you mention great player--but not very good with post offices?nice resectable??ps--mistake above sorry as my hand goes in spa am due to parkinsons,
To have my details taken off when all I did was to correct someone who was being insulting to me!Yet his comments are ok?Why? Then I receive note from J. Andrews suggesting I was not being truthful what would be the point of that? Thisis all wrong I look at some comments on here and the words used leave a lot to be desired but they are ok and mine are all removed. Unfair and calling me a liar I am not a liar and stronly object to her attitude!!!
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Furby, I think Joel has done more in RL than just play 1 good match!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Furby666 How do you ascertain that Joel is arrogant? Nothing in his play gives the impression that he's an arrogant person.Or perhaps my perception is different to yours.Apart from his return from Union when he was re-adapting and a couple of error strewn games he's been quite solid in his all round play.Thank heavens we won against the saints or I hesitate to think what you would have had to say then. As for the thirty peices of silver and his move to the dark side.He is entitled to take his employment capabilities to any club that deemed him good enough to employ him.It is what we call freedom to ply our trade.Whatever the reasons for his return I for one welcomed him back to the club but not for one minute did I read any comments about him being the prodigal returning.Infact some posters questioned if he would fit back into the team.And please don't be quite so defensive if someone happens to disagree with your comments it is a forum with differing points of view. :)