Hemmings is a wigan hater

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Jake

Re: Hemmings is a wigan hater

Post by Jake »

We lost Ray French from the BBC, he has now morphed into Eddie and Stevo on Sky - who says lightening does not strike twice !!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

gruffy wrote:I really don't care that he is biased against Wigan,my problem is he's just a poor comentator his contant high pitched whine really puts me off sky's coverage.
Agree re his commentating ability.

I do not get too concern by supposed bias. Eddie Waring was famously accused by Lancastrians of being biased re Neil Fox and by Yorkshire of being biased re Eric Ashton.

Eddie and Stevo have been in the job too long (25 years at SKY) but to be honest within the sport there is no commentators of quality. A non rugby league commentator in Clive Tyldesley acting as ITV's rugby league commentator in the north-west alongside Hull FC coach Brian Smith was the last decent one and that is 20-30 years ago?
Firestarter

Post by Firestarter »

Yea cp I also liked Brian smith.he was very honest and very clever.i have no problem with Eddie being biased it's just I always seem to think if wigan do anything wrong ie. A forward pass.eddie goes on and on about it.when saints destroyed us that time 75 nil I think it was.they had more forward passes than I've ever seen in one game.he was totally oblivious to this as he was enjoying us getting hammered too much
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
TV Warrior

Post by TV Warrior »

As a "neutral" (I'm not from the heartlands of League) who came to follow Wigan through TV, I have to say, Eddie Hemmings, and to a lesser though not insignificant degree Stevo, quite clearly don't like Wigan. Despite this, they are perfect at what they do. Sky aren't producing their shows for the League diehards out there. They are doing it for subscribers who might have an interest in the game but won't follow that interest too deep. It is tabloid like programming.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Firestarter wrote:Yea cp I also liked Brian smith.he was very honest and very clever.i have no problem with Eddie being biased it's just I always seem to think if wigan do anything wrong ie. A forward pass.eddie goes on and on about it.when saints destroyed us that time 75 nil I think it was.they had more forward passes than I've ever seen in one game.he was totally oblivious to this as he was enjoying us getting hammered too much
Stevo hates Wigan far more IMO because 1 He is a Yorkshireman and 2 Bill Ashurst 'upset him' when they were at Penrith together.

I just think they are poor commentators but there is nobody to replace them.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

I would hope that Stevo hates us as like you say he's from Yorkshire, I dont care for Hemmings he is a crap commentator. Does not do RL any good whatsoever with his inane ramblings. Stevo is very passionate about RL if a little outdated but his heart is in the game. I think the Sky coverage does need updating but the other dickheads who are being slowly eased in with Wiggy and Stevo do not have the capacity to improve the commentary on Sky.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

We sadly struggle to attract quality commentators and worse those we get remain in place forever to the point is becomes tragic in the case of Eddie Waring.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

TV Warrior wrote:As a "neutral" (I'm not from the heartlands of League) who came to follow Wigan through TV, I have to say, Eddie Hemmings, and to a lesser though not insignificant degree Stevo, quite clearly don't like Wigan. Despite this, they are perfect at what they do. Sky aren't producing their shows for the League diehards out there. They are doing it for subscribers who might have an interest in the game but won't follow that interest too deep. It is tabloid like programming.
That's a fair point actually. Keep it simple and obvious, so as not to confuse.
OAMJSONA

Post by OAMJSONA »

cpwigan wrote:
Firestarter wrote:Yea cp I also liked Brian smith.he was very honest and very clever.i have no problem with Eddie being biased it's just I always seem to think if wigan do anything wrong ie. A forward pass.eddie goes on and on about it.when saints destroyed us that time 75 nil I think it was.they had more forward passes than I've ever seen in one game.he was totally oblivious to this as he was enjoying us getting hammered too much
Stevo hates Wigan far more IMO because 1 He is a Yorkshireman and 2 Bill Ashurst 'upset him' when they were at Penrith together.

I just think they are poor commentators but there is nobody to replace them.

Stevensons brain is as dead as the Dinosaurs and Hemmings is just an idiot

we would be better off with Claire Balding and an other
Wigan is and always will be a town of Cherry & White

Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

I think they concentrate too much on the negatives of the game instead of going with the flow.If there's a slight forward pass or incident they dwell on it over and over again ad nauseum. Watch a click and clap game and there's none of that, they just bum up the good points (OK there are not that many :lol: )