NO SKY TV FOR 4 WEEKS

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Brian Edgar

NO SKY TV FOR 4 WEEKS

Post by Brian Edgar »

According to the WEP SKY won't feature a live Wigan game for the first 4 weeks of the season. Has anyone spared a thought for all armchair supporters/pub viewers whose (lack of) support these past few years has been amazing. Perhaps some crisis group could be set up to aid such people. Lottery funding could be sought in an attempt to transport them (with armchair if necessary) to the actual games.

Thrilled, from Swinley
DaveO

Well said

Post by DaveO »

Lets see if the pub/armchair brigade can actually bring themselves to the early games and swell the gates.

Dave
pie eater and proud of it

Not a chance Dave

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

Theres no chance of them coming to the early matches. These people are lost to the club IMO.

On a side issue, the clubs season ticket pricing for kids is all wrong too. Its all very well giving a £28 ticket to kids in the South Stand but what about the others too? I wont be sitting in the South Stand to take my 5 year old to matches as I hate it behind the posts.

I wouldnt mind if the other stands were likely to be full....but they arent. Lads like mine are the clubs future yet the club doesnt give a monkeys. Incidently its £130 for a season ticket for him sitting next to me.Farcical and I probably wont take him.
Welski

chance would be a fine thing

Post by Welski »

Some of us have little option but to watch our team on the box given that for some getting to Wigan involves a 10 hour 540 mile round trip!
So personally I'm gutted !!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Brian Edgar

SKY EATERS

Post by Brian Edgar »

That's fair enough. I'm having a pop at those who live 5 minutes from the ground.
lovin this team

Swelling the gate

Post by lovin this team »

Those who need to come in their armchair can phone in advance of the game to: 0800 INEEDANARMCHAIRTRACK .

The rest of us, kid in tow, can use the regular turnstile. I wouldnt miss a game even if it means bringing my little turncoat backstabber saints supporter of a son and my side swapping husband too .... with me ( I sometimes wonder if he is my son)
Wigan thru and true... I really do love this team
Paul Howard

Armchair Removal Service

Post by Paul Howard »

I live 100 miles away from Wigan most of the year and right now I'm living in the Arabian Gulf, but I'll make sure I get to the games. So if anyone in the more immediate area wants a hand to get out of thier armchair whilst I'm passing let me know. Your voices are much more need by the team from the terraces rather than shouting at the TV.