Gelling - Genius or Madman

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
markill

Re: Gelling - Genius or Madman

Post by markill »

He's a flawed genius, like many great entertainers!
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

jasonnlouise wrote:The most destructive centre performance I've seen from a Wigan player in years if he carries on like this he'll become a legend,as for the madman/genius debate you don't have to be a genius to be a madman but you need a touch of crazy to be a genius I believe Gelling falls into the 2nd category,could he become the nearest we've had to a Gene Miles?

Spot on.I said on another thread a couple of weeks ago this lad will be great and a few on here would be eating there words.Early days yet but nothing will sway me from this The lad is 100% class and at his age reads a game better than most centres I have seen at Wigan.seems a few have already started to eat a bit of humble pie.
Welski

Post by Welski »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Dean Bell spoke highly of this young player and what Deano says always has to be respected and strongly considered in my book.
This says it all for me. I find it amusing that a bunch of folks sitting in front of computers opine with such sage wisdom on the merits of certain players. "Shouldn't be anywhere near the team" etc. Surely the guys whose job it is to pick and coach players are not stupid. They get it wrong occasionally of course but if they do that consistently then they don't last long.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
BriH

Post by BriH »

They do say it's a fine line between insanity and genius!

I though he was awesome tonight. Devastating running at times.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I doubt you would find a post from me knocking Anthony.Every time I have seen him play I see a person who frustrates the hell out of me one minute then I'm doing cart wheels the next.When Dean Bell said this kid was going to be good. Did I need to question his assessment.No I did not. I just needed to see the evidence of what he himself saw. On a number of ocassions I have wanted to smash Gels over the head because of his brain farts. Ie not seeing a player that is open to an obvious try and failing to pass example Manfredi.But then he puts on this special performance where all you want to do is kiss him.And yet after saying all this about him I do believe several players could have walked away with M.O.M for me.Young George,and Joel T. Good performance from the team.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

KOOCH wrote:I doubt you would find a post from me knocking Anthony.Every time I have seen him play I see a person who frustrates the hell out of me one minute then I'm doing cart wheels the next.When Dean Bell said this kid was going to be good. Did I need to question his assessment.No I did not. I just needed to see the evidence of what he himself saw. On a number of ocassions I have wanted to smash Gels over the head because of his brain farts. Ie not seeing a player that is open to an obvious try and failing to pass example Manfredi.But then he puts on this special performance where all you want to do is kiss him.And yet after saying all this about him I do believe several players could have walked away with M.O.M for me.Young George,and Joel T. Good performance from the team.
Pretty much me that Kooch!! I also think Clubb is coming on really strongly, is it just me or does he look massive?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

TBW Re Tony Clubb.When he was at London I was never really over impressed with what I saw.But since he's been with us he's probably our best prop.He never takes a backward step (or so it seems to me)even though he's taken some big hits himself of late.And yes you are quite correct he's bloody massive.If he was a debt collector it would not take me long to pay up.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

He's not a natural rugby player you know, he hasn't got a rugby brain :roll: :eusa4: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

medlocke wrote:He's not a natural rugby player you know, he hasn't got a rugby brain :roll: :eusa4: :lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
After that pass to Manfredi with his foot i excpect him to go to Latics for a million. Better than they have.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

... what about the pass from Joel as well, wow!! Standard second row isn't he!! :lol:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett