Time to go Wane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
chnwh

Re: Time to go Wane

Post by chnwh »

Time for him to go? Bit harsh considering his record:

2012 - Top of the table, two semi finals
2013 - Double winners
2014 - Grand Finalists (unlucky to lose with 12 men, would prob have won with 13)
2015 - Only just over half way through, out the cup maybe but 3rd in the table and well placed.

I'm pretty sure these threads happen every year when we lose a few. Judge the man at the end of the season not before as you have no idea what will happen. Take 2013 for example, people wanted him hung, drawn and quartered before the cup final.
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

cpwigan wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote: By WW, I take it you mean me.

If so, it may interest you to know that I also think that something is wrong with team at the moment which seems to have coincided with the resigning of Sam Tomkins and rumours of other signings from here and down under.

And please stop going on about 'helcyon eras' as other club's have good and bad times as well.

I think CP was discussing it with me WW, as his post is a direct reply to mine.

CP you mentioned that your posts about Wane are not personal?
Why use the words "Moron" and "thick as pig shit" if they're not meant to be personal.
How would you react had someone putting the word moron towards you and calling you thick as pig shit.
Speaking to Kris Radlinski isn't the same as talking to Shaun Wane in the light of your comments towards Wane.
It is not personal. It is the truth as exemplified from the moment Wane took over. I am guessing he is a fantastic junior coach but at an elite level his lack of intelligence shines through. How would I react? when I was a child, I would have physically attacked him/her/whomever. As an adult, it would mean nothing. Do you seriously think it means anything to Wane? He would simply say just another internet gobshite, moron and probably what do they know, I know better.Remember this is the man who said he could do better than Madge.

Ask yourself this, if somebody educated you to show you the secrets of how to be mega successful and you ignore it/blow it are you not a moron? It is akin to having THE winning lottery ticket and tearing it up.

Ask yourself, if you are blowing such a fantastic legacy and in the process insulting your peers, talking nonsense are you not a gobshite?

It is never personal, just an opinion based on what I perceive, what others say. You have not answered the questions yourself have you.
How can it be not personal when you go on about him every day and in numerous threads, even when we are doing well and when just as many in Wigan say they support him as well as those who don't?

As for not answering questions, you don't do to bad yourself. I am still waiting for you to name his replacement bearing in mind that Good old Jack Gibson is no longer around, Graham Lowe is not well, John Monie's too busy surfing and Madge is at Souths.

Come on cp, WHO?
sc74

Post by sc74 »

With the squad/academy at their disposal, probably about half of the ESL coaches, for a start. Maybe one who made him eat his words?
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

sc74 wrote:With the squad/academy at their disposal, probably about half of the ESL coaches, for a start. Maybe one who can made him eat his words?
Name one you have in mind.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Whelley Warrior wrote:
sc74 wrote:With the squad/academy at their disposal, probably about half of the ESL coaches, for a start. Maybe one who can made him eat his words?
Name one you have in mind.
Daryl Powell
Laurent Frayssinous
Chris Chester
Brian McDermott
Iestyn Harris
Denis Betts

That's 6 out of 12. Fancy any of them? :eusa16:
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

No thanks.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

Lol
sc74

Post by sc74 »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Lets ask a question at this stage.

Do cliques in a working environment work ?
They are not conducive to a healthy team working environment and should be stamped out immediately. If not by the line manager, then surely by his boss :conf:
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

I think God's post on this on the Hampshire thread is very interesting on this issue.

In an ideal world a line manager would stamp this out. But what if that would have negative consequences too. Its a balance and either way you go someone is going to be upset.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

chnwh wrote:Time for him to go? Bit harsh considering his record:

2012 - Top of the table, two semi finals
2013 - Double winners
2014 - Grand Finalists (unlucky to lose with 12 men, would prob have won with 13)
2015 - Only just over half way through, out the cup maybe but 3rd in the table and well placed.

I'm pretty sure these threads happen every year when we lose a few. Judge the man at the end of the season not before as you have no idea what will happen. Take 2013 for example, people wanted him hung, drawn and quartered before the cup final.
:eusa2: well said
IN WANE WE TRUST