To the Company Bible mob?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Re: To the Company Bible mob?

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:Do you think the LLS is a "proper" trophy?

Personally I think it's worthless under the current rules.
I think it is. If we all thought it was then it would be for sure. No reason to think it isn't really, it's a peice of silverware handed out to a team that has achieved something good that other teams haven't. It's kind of like saying what's the point of our Lancashire League/Cup wins once there was a full first division schedule, or the floodlit trophy wasn't really a trophy because it wasn't the Challenge Cup.
I agree Mark, it is reward for being top of the league at the end of the full season.

Think the reason it isn't acknowledged by the fans is that you can win it without going straight to the GF, which IMO should be automatic & the 2nd ,3rd & 4th placed teams fight for the right to be in the final.

This way this league is now IMO is far worse than the top eight!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

AdamMac wrote:What has this forum become?

Full of petty, childish people having slanging matches with each other to massage their own ego's. Such a shame, as it was once a good place to come to have a reasonable debate on the match, players performances and tactics etc.

4 pages of mostly drivel here and nobody even acknowledges Markhill's very reasonable response. Maybe because its to honest and reasonable?

Apologies to the people to try to use this forum in the 'right' way.

Completely agree Adam, used to enjoy reading all posts several times a day, now I can't be bothered to go on once or twice a week :(
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
sc74

Post by sc74 »

AdamMac wrote:What has this forum become?

Full of petty, childish people having slanging matches with each other to massage their own ego's. Such a shame, as it was once a good place to come to have a reasonable debate on the match, players performances and tactics etc.

4 pages of mostly drivel here and nobody even acknowledges Markhill's very reasonable response. Maybe because its to honest and reasonable?

Apologies to the people to try to use this forum in the 'right' way.

I asked the same questions previously on two occasions.

Nothing, maybe this is the way some people like it.
I had all sorts of personal insults by a certain individual, related to me being racist, my means of employment, the places I visit/work etc.

Not sure when it used to be a respectful place, must be going back at least 2 years.

People in life, should be able to have differing opinions and live happily together. A very sad reflection of society.
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

Shaun Wane has one problem IMO and that is that he sets his side out to be too aggressive.

It's fine being tough and hard etc but there is a time and a place. We are far too easy to antagonise and have far too many players who lose their cool and would rather fight than play rugby. Hull KR have done it to us twice now and taken the spoils. I expect Leeds to play the same way on Saturday.

Niggle away in the tackle, push and shove etc etc and eventually the likes of Joel, Bateman, Mossop, and Micky will give away penalties like sweets. I'd love to see how many we've given away this season when we've actually had the ball.
sc74

Post by sc74 »

chnwh wrote:Shaun Wane has one problem IMO and that is that he sets his side out to be too aggressive.

It's fine being tough and hard etc but there is a time and a place. We are far too easy to antagonise and have far too many players who lose their cool and would rather fight than play rugby. Hull KR have done it to us twice now and taken the spoils. I expect Leeds to play the same way on Saturday.

Niggle away in the tackle, push and shove etc etc and eventually the likes of Joel, Bateman, Mossop, and Micky will give away penalties like sweets. I'd love to see how many we've given away this season when we've actually had the ball.
I think you're being extremely generous chnwh!
At least half a dozen is a more realistic figure.
I do agree with that criticism, 100%
Play hard, but fair.
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

Lads played well tonight for all the wayne out brigade ,facts remain we are still in a good position to win the title a bit a faith goes far , waiting for all the doom and gloom posts to turn up from all the ones that dont even make it through the turnstiles :roll:
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.