Who needs old farts

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Who needs old farts

Post by cpwigan »

Magic ultimately was won by young Wigan players!

George, people see the great plays but his defence is awesome and he is increasingly the dominant half back in his partnership with Matty, Budgie - fans hammered him for making mistakes, this kid is the real deal and the try saving tackle he pulled off or the brilliant fielding of a grubber were as important as his magnificent try. I still consider him a young un but Lockers is nowhere near his normal service (no shock understandable) but Bateman has a hell of an engine and keeps going and going doing the nitty gritty unglamarous stuff.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Who needs old farts

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

cpwigan wrote:Magic ultimately was won by young Wigan players!

George, people see the great plays but his defence is awesome and he is increasingly the dominant half back in his partnership with Matty, Budgie - fans hammered him for making mistakes, this kid is the real deal and the try saving tackle he pulled off or the brilliant fielding of a grubber were as important as his magnificent try. I still consider him a young un but Lockers is nowhere near his normal service (no shock understandable) but Bateman has a hell of an engine and keeps going and going doing the nitty gritty unglamarous stuff.
Definitely. We should see if we can get Budgie to change his mind.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

isn't the man who scored 2 tries and set one up an Old Fart? without would we not have lost?
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

no matter how great your youngsters are you always need a few old farts hanging around :lol:
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

medlocke wrote:no matter how great your youngsters are you always need a few old farts hanging around :lol:
They don't 'hang around'. They 'linger'! :lol:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Kittwazzer wrote:
medlocke wrote:no matter how great your youngsters are you always need a few old farts hanging around :lol:
They don't 'hang around'. They 'linger'! :lol:
Are you talking from experience Kitt :wink: :lol:
markill

Post by markill »

Does anyone think Bowen just looked a lot fresher than he was looking in the early season? He seemed to really enjoy himself out there and it showed in some great contributions. The extra effort put in the catch the kick on the full for what led to Budgie's try was outstanding. I doubt we'd have seen that in the opening month of the season from him.

We've all knocked him at times but credit has to go to him for the way he has dealt with being left out of the side.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
oldhooker

Post by oldhooker »

Williams played well but Bowen was my MoM
chnwh

Post by chnwh »

markill wrote:We've all knocked him at times but credit has to go to him for the way he has dealt with being left out of the side.
That's what professionals do. It's the players with the big ego that spit their dummies.

The poster who mentioned needing the 'old farts' is spot on. There is no substitute for experience and I think sometimes we lean too much towards youth and that hinders us.
captinjack

Post by captinjack »

"OLD FARTS NEEDED". I feel wanted. :lol: