Steve Renouf

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
JIMMY H

Steve Renouf

Post by JIMMY H »

Can anyone tell me what happened to Renouf
after his departure from Wigan
AJ

retired

Post by AJ »

i believe he retired back to his farm in australia with his wife and kids
Tipstar Champion 2002 !!!
Fraggle

the Pearl

Post by Fraggle »

Although I believe his camel had to stay here for a bit longer!

I was never too happy with the way Wigan let this legend go, it seems almost criminal that he left the Greatest Game of which he was a true legend in such a quiet way. On the odd couple of occasions I met Steve Renouf he was an absolute gentleman, a true professional, and I for one feel honoured to have seen him represent our club in the cherry and white. And no matter what anyone says, he would have done us proud this year in the 3/4 line had he stayed.

I believe he still got a home over here which he's let out to one of our new imports, I can't remember if it's Ainscough or O'Neill who's living there at the moment?
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
John M

Correct me if im wrong

Post by John M »

Renoufs house was owned by Andy Johnson.The Wigan club rent it off him and now Ainscough lives there.Its a little cottage on the main road through Haigh Hall.This was the case a few years ago anyway,dont know if Renouf actually bought it?

Anyway,back to the pearl.What a fantastic player! One of the best centres to ever come out of Australia.He certainly didnt have the same speed he had a few years back but his try scoring record proved what a deadly finisher he was.His defence was bone crunching but he seemed to always go for a big hit rather than a safe tackle which sometimes saw him completely miss! At one time in Aus he was regarded as a weak link in defence but he worked hard on it to improve it.When he left Wigan Wayne Bennett tried to get him to do another year at Brisbane but he had decided enough was enough and retired.
I too feel very proud to of had such a fantastic player at Wigan,any Aussie fan will tell you just how good this guy was.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
Pengy

here here

Post by Pengy »

The man is a legend and I feel privileged to have watched him at Wigan. I used to love watching Brisbane broncos a few years ago to watch this man because he was just amazing. I was very disappointed when we didn’t offer him another contract because i still believe he still had at least another 2 years in him and we missed him a lot last year and will miss him even more this year with the loss of Connolly.
The Greatest brain

well

Post by The Greatest brain »

he had defo lost a lot of pace in the last season at wigan and when at brisbane he broke the line he usually went the whole 80 metres tyo score, not at WIgan though, but still deadly from 40 to 30 metres, and if Dallas was on his wing then that combo would have scored loads.
He is living on his ranch in Queensland now, and I think he does some radio work still for a local Queensland station about the game of Rugby league.
Up there with Mal meninga as the best centre ever.
JIMMY H

steve renouf to those who replied

Post by JIMMY H »

thanks to all that answered my query regarding
the pearl. As I dont live in Wigan but am out
Bury way, you don't have the advantage of hearing
the local gossip.

p.s great sight only found it coz nothing on the
official wigan site...

thanks again

jimmy h