Academy Promotions

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Academy Promotions

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

One thing we never have to worry about is the quality of our youngsters coming through, the problem we have at the moment is balancing that with quality older heads and decent signings!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
Whelley Warrior wrote:With the large number being promoted to the Under 19's squad, a indication that there will be a return to a higher age group league next season with each club allowed to play a certain number of over aged players?
We've always promoted large numbers but I hope for the sake of rugby league that we do introduce an U21 competition. I am of the view that to be a SL outfit you should have teams competing at U16, U19 and U21 level.

The salary cap also needs to recognise the value of players promoted from the junior system of each club. The situation in Hull is not satisfactory in my view, they choose to pay big sums for overseas players and at the same time they merge their academy with HKR! For a hotbed of rugby league that decision is criminal. The RFL need to put plans in place to protect our international future.
No clubs should allowed to merge academy teams.

Can you imagine Wigan merging with Leigh like they have at schools level?
OJ

Post by OJ »

Link wasn't working when I tired it - can someone just tell me their names please
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

cpwigan wrote:Watching the clips of the U16s WOW!!!

The quality of young players just seems to get better and better IMO
Any stand outs CP.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

For me PM they all look very good. I will be interested to see how the half backs develop,
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

The halfbacks are good players but I think they lack a bit of pace. Worthington at fullback looks a class player and Sammy Kibula is a monster of a lad who will need to work on his fitness/game time.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

I will see what I can find out about the lad who has joined from Widnes
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

Five good players moving up to first team there. However, what's the story with Liam Forsyth and Kyle Shelford? They both looked very impressive this year whenever I've seen the U-19s. Are we giving them another year in the Academy to develop physically?

Also whatever happened to Joel Verite, he scored a hat -trick and then disappeared for the rest of the year. Injured was he?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Kyle has another year of academy. Bruce is a tad worrying as I think this is his final year.
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

butt monkey wrote:I will see what I can find out about the lad who has joined from Widnes
I think that Aidan is the younger brother of Ryan Sutton.