Ben Flower

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Firestarter

Re: Ben Flower

Post by Firestarter »

I think individually Williams does a lot more where as smith is more of an organiser and kicker.My problem is that they don't seem to play as a half back pairing.We had three sets back to back on saints line and they never combined well.Maybe it's because they are both sevens( who knows).
We seem to depend too much on kicks for tries imo(I think this is down to them not linking)

I wouldn't play gelling at centre again this season.Fit,or not fit he's not learning about the costly mistakes,very silly passes on our own line and his inability to stay with his opposite centre when defending.his obviously not a good listener because SW must be drumming this into him(surely)
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Question

Why does every thread now end up been an attack on Smith with a mix of Rocky and George with the odd sprinkling of Powell.

Is it me or has this site really just become a smaller more bitter version of RLfans.com
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

Pack was superb on Friday. We lost because our attack is poor in the last 25 and has been all season we need a little general at half back. We need to off load Gelling and get a hard running centre, Bateman wasted there. Worrying to think Wane says we are not looking to strengthen next year.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

What I would give for a Blake Green again!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:What I would give for a Blake Green again!!
He's coming over to Wigan in the off season :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

josie andrews wrote:
Can he not come over now?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
:lol: There were many, me at times if I'm honest, wishing we hadn't signed him :o
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
josie andrews wrote: He's coming over to Wigan in the off season :)
:lol: There were many, me at times if I'm honest, wishing we hadn't signed him :o
tbh Josie some people only miss players when they have gone.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

thegimble wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Can he not come over now?
tbh Josie some people only miss players when they have gone.
Very true, there were times I loved watching him play & others I could quite cheerfully have thrown a ball in his face :lol: I told him that too once :blush:
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

When mentioning Flower there's always the phrase about his "brain fart" at Old Trafford.

He was the only one sent off due to the incompetance of the match officials and their lack of procedure over foul play which the on field officials don't see.
Flower should have been sent off for his retaliation but so should Hohaia. The Saints man ran 25 mtrs to smash his forearm/elbow into Flower's face the point of impact being his chin. Hohaia should have been sent off for that without question.
The refs should have the option to call on the VR as they do for tries but the procedure isn't there. They know they mess up repeatedly but refuse to do anything about it.

bentham messed up 5/6 weeks earlier in the Pettybourne/ Wood incident at the DW. It was hardly a surprise when he messed up yet again in the GF. But mess up he did!

Sometimes I think the match officials are beyond hope!