Pack

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Pack

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Another dominant performance, a repitition will bring the trophy home next week.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
Wiganer Ted

Re: Pack

Post by Wiganer Ted »

That is the best performance by the pack this year. They were very good at Wire in the 0-28 win but Huddersfield forwards are better than Warrington's.
Their fitness is exceptional. In the 78-79th minutes they were still getting 3 men into each tackle.
I don't think any other team can match their fitness levels.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

If you play around the POTB area then the forward will emerge! If Wigan had followed their play off approach throughout the season we wouyld be tal;king Wigan for a treble NOT Leeds!

We can dominate British RL in the next 5 years.
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

cpwigan wrote:If you play around the POTB area then the forward will emerge! If Wigan had followed their play off approach throughout the season we wouyld be tal;king Wigan for a treble NOT Leeds!

We can dominate British RL in the next 5 years.
That's very true. However, I can't remember seeing a team dominate an entire season, plus the playoffs and then win the Grand Final. The mental pressure is absolutely immense at that level of competition.

You don't often see top flight golfers winning major comps all through the year. They might win the really big comps but then not figure too greatly in the smaller tournaments. Football is slightly different, mainly due to the sheer size of the average squad.

I agree that we could probably have played better, on the whole, for the majority of the season. But what's the point in burning out mentally, before September, if the only silverware is the CC at the end of August and then the LLS at the very end of the year. Leeds played well for the regular season, but since the CC Final they've been pretty mediocre, to say the least. They only just scraped a win against Huddersfield, who should have closed the game out anyway, imo. I think tonights game is really up for grabs and I wouldn't be surprised to see Saints beat them, it's that close.

All that being said, if we carry our confidence into next week and our pack plays like they have recently, we should come away with the spoils.

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:If Ben Flower would run as hard as he did last night on a more regular basis there would be a host of NRL clubs throwing contracts at him.

I havent seen a prop forward run like that for many many years
I think how Ben is playing now is a reflection of how long it has taken to overcome the GF.
markill

Post by markill »

Crosby has been as good as any front rower in the competition in the last month.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod