Next season

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Tuigamala

Re: Next season

Post by Tuigamala »

up the junction wrote:What is the obsession with Hampshire ??? Ok he was a good junior halfback with George ,so was Powell who imo would be a better option at 7 with George staying at 6 where he has made his mark .Ryan Hampshire for me has not taken the Bull by the horns and thinks himself to be better than he actually is with a given right to be a Wigan first team player (if the mutterings on these forums are true re. his saying he wants to leave if not given the chance)..
Maybe Waney also thinks this is the case ,because im sure he knows better than the experts on here .
I could give you loads of reasons but one which im sure very few will disagree with is he takes the line on. That's what Hampshire does and that's what Smith hasn't done once all season. Im not saying he's a perfect half-back but if your trying to tell me smith is a better option than Hampshire then I suggest you jog on. I agree with your Powell statement too before you accuse me of disagreeing with everything you say.
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)

DaveO

Post by DaveO »

No straw damn us wrote:Nobody mentioning Isa, who will be a very good signing IMO?
I think it is a case of wait and see with him. We have signed players like Lauaki, Pettybourne and Tauati often after they have done well against us only for them to be a disappointment.

We seem to have a habit of signing players like these who did well against us in say the 2nd row as Lauaki did only to move them into another position (prop in his case) where they fail.

I don't think we made the best use of Patrick last season either so we have a habit of not making best use of players abilities.

So regardless of how good these kind of under the radar signings were at their old club it is far from guaranteed they will replicate that form here.
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

medlocke wrote:
Tuigamala wrote:Next years starting line-up could look like this:

1. Sam
2. Manfredi
3. Gelling/Bateman
4. Sarginson/Gildart
5. Charnley
6. Williams
7. Smith - Shouldn't but will be
8. Flower
9. MM
10.Crosby
11.Bateman
12.Faz
13.Lockers
14.Clubb
15.Joel
16.Burke
17.Powell
18.Mossop
19.Hampshire

Back up

Tautaui - Didn't do enough or anything of significance all said and done for me last season.

Sutton - Was convinced then Unconvinced can't make my mind up maybe 12 months on loan at a super league club

Connor Farrell - Needs to bulk up for me decent agility but will struggle for a place this year.

R Lloyd- Cant see him being here much longer

Tierney - Could play a big part if Sams injury persists

Shorrocks and Lever will probably go out on loan

Looking at this team budgie will be the biggest loss for me his speed, ariel threat and power, I really hope Josh can re-discover his form.
Are we sending Willie Isa to Workington for the season?
Willie who?
(Russell Crowe)

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Tuigamala wrote:
medlocke wrote:
Tuigamala wrote:Next years starting line-up could look like this:

1. Sam
2. Manfredi
3. Gelling/Bateman
4. Sarginson/Gildart
5. Charnley
6. Williams
7. Smith - Shouldn't but will be
8. Flower
9. MM
10.Crosby
11.Bateman
12.Faz
13.Lockers
14.Clubb
15.Joel
16.Burke
17.Powell
18.Mossop
19.Hampshire

Back up

Tautaui - Didn't do enough or anything of significance all said and done for me last season.

Sutton - Was convinced then Unconvinced can't make my mind up maybe 12 months on loan at a super league club

Connor Farrell - Needs to bulk up for me decent agility but will struggle for a place this year.

R Lloyd- Cant see him being here much longer

Tierney - Could play a big part if Sams injury persists

Shorrocks and Lever will probably go out on loan

Looking at this team budgie will be the biggest loss for me his speed, ariel threat and power, I really hope Josh can re-discover his form.
Are we sending Willie Isa to Workington for the season?
Willie who?
http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2015- ... -a-warrior
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

medlocke wrote:
Tuigamala wrote:
medlocke wrote: Are we sending Willie Isa to Workington for the season?
Willie who?
http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2015- ... -a-warrior
Willie Who? He's must be the new Mascot! Willie Warrior!
(Russell Crowe)

up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Tuigamala wrote:
up the junction wrote:What is the obsession with Hampshire ??? Ok he was a good junior halfback with George ,so was Powell who imo would be a better option at 7 with George staying at 6 where he has made his mark .Ryan Hampshire for me has not taken the Bull by the horns and thinks himself to be better than he actually is with a given right to be a Wigan first team player (if the mutterings on these forums are true re. his saying he wants to leave if not given the chance)..
Maybe Waney also thinks this is the case ,because im sure he knows better than the experts on here .
I could give you loads of reasons but one which im sure very few will disagree with is he takes the line on. That's what Hampshire does and that's what Smith hasn't done once all season. Im not saying he's a perfect half-back but if your trying to tell me smith is a better option than Hampshire then I suggest you jog on. I agree with your Powell statement too before you accuse me of disagreeing with everything you say.
Where have i mentioned Smith? What im saying is that i havnt seen anything in Hampshire to convince me he would be a better option at halfback .So i suggest my keyboard Warrior friend you read the posts correctly and dont be so rude as to suggest for me to jog on.
(Especially as im in plaster and on Crutches for the next few months) :D :D
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

up the junction wrote: (Especially as im in plaster and on Crutches for the next few months) :D :D
Hope you make a speedy recovery :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
up the junction

Post by up the junction »

Thanks Josie
Only a couple of months left now hopefully.Ive done 12 of the last 18 months on crutches and in a cast of one kind or another.NIGHTMARE :(
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

Rather than individual players I think for next season the club have to look at improving their away form.

Home form was top of the League being unbeaten all season, a tremendous result.
However, the away form was almost the complete opposite with many games just absolutely awful, if not worse.

Any club hoping to top the League and attain trophies has to have good away form. Ours was just not good enough. Teams now have our game plan/tactics well sussed, our interchange has been found out and is a massive weakness.
We went into the GF with the age old tactics and interchange that had lost us so many away matches. There was no way we were going to beat Leeds with that old out of date rountine. I went there more in hope than expectation, was very disappointed but hardly surprised!

For those of us who travel to away games and stand behind the sticks, last season in general was dreadful.
Only wins at Magic, Wire and Huddersfield were of note. Wins at Wakey and Hull FC were pretty routine.
Overall, away from the DW we struggled to compete with the bottom four. HKR beat us twice, Salford beat us, we drew at Widnes and won at Wakey. 3 points from eight away at the bottom four is nowhere near good enough.

With top class home form and very good away results we can top the League and win trophies.
I wish all at the club well in bringing about the changes required to achieve the improvements needed in trying to attain that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

up the junction wrote:Thanks Josie
Only a couple of months left now hopefully.Ive done 12 of the last 18 months on crutches and in a cast of one kind or another.NIGHTMARE :(
Bloody hell, I hope these next few months fly by for you & that you will be fully recovered & raring to go. Good Luck & take care :) ????????
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan