Liam Marshall in for Wigan v Leigh

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
SJ

Re: Liam Marshall in for Wigan v Leigh

Post by SJ »

cpwigan wrote:No we won but Lindsay Johnson was an old dog from Souths who was a nasty type when he wanted to be. Always remember Bren Hill who was a true steam pig. Quite a spiteful game mainly regarding Dorahay. Ellery was Ellery!! Went to the old Hall Of Fame (pub really) and our coach guide was Rod Reddy. Good guy who sat on our table at lunch and made me smile though when he said Ellery Hanley wasn't a proper rugby player.
Yes CP it was a very spiteful game and has you say we did win. But I remember being really angry with Johnson so much so I didn't remember the game. Except for the antics of Johnson. And the Lydon incident. Surprised he said that about Hanley. Wonder what he'd have said about Eadie,Anderson ,Johnson and Dorahay in this match.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I think Rod was old school 'rugby' and Ellery was what he saw as an athlete first before a rugby player. Wrong IMO; good at both. Maybe a runner more than a passer.
DaiJones

Post by DaiJones »

DaveO wrote:
cpwigan wrote:I remember Dave suffering a bad injury. Possibly knee.
It was his knee. I really liked him as a player, showed a lot of promise and pace.

Him and Mark Preston were the wingers at the time and it looked as if we were set for several years with two excellent wingers and then DM did his knee.

Preston went when we signed Offiah which was tough on Preston but if class like that is available you really have to sign it!
Preston left several months before we signed Offiah. He was kept out of the first team throughout 1990-91 season by Dave Myers and Frano Botica so moved to Halifax, Offiah's arrival actually led to Myers's departure
Wiganer Ted

Post by Wiganer Ted »

On the Rumours threads they're saying Josh is talking to Sale RU. Perhaps this is why Marshall was played v Leigh
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No Ted. Dom would have played but his grandmother died in the night.