wigan in a nutshell

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The Greatest brain

wigan in a nutshell

Post by The Greatest brain »

basically i see nothing but failure in the upcoming season.
Our backline is tiny tiny tiny!!!!!!!
Two midget wingers coupled with a pair of old centre stroke winger and some orange haired kid who can't catch a high bomb. Oh great loadsa success there then.
Dallas won't be as good as his was, for starters the all won't reach him and if he does he will run into someone else's knee or elbow.
o'Neill is the world's first stand off who plays wider then a centre, really quite remarkable.
LAmmy yes he his a good player but a chocker really, jst ask the rooster fans for the really adrain lam.
Our forwards, well they go backwards more then forwards really.
o'COnner has the the passing skills of a lemon.
Craig smith is here for a holiday.
Newton is a silly thug who gives away more penalities then he makes yards.
And the others are willing but won't do much.And i do not have time to discuss Captain Pshycopath.
Pie_Eater14

Who are you?????

Post by Pie_Eater14 »

#Are u a saints fan in disguise#,
Agreed backs arnt as strong as they have been in previous campaigns. how the F**k can u rubbish adrian lam he played his arse off last year for this club last year, same goes for terry o'conner. julian o'neil isnt exactly the best stand off we have ever had but when he had a good game he had an EXCELLENT game. i cant remember the figures straight of my head but i think wigan had 2 players in the top 10 metre gainers for last season. as for dallas it will good to be see him playin again after all the trouble he had last year with certain FAT b*"!ard" with the occasional trip up or swinging arm that kept him out for weeks at a time. Well as for your other post on the other topic dont know about you or some of the other supporters i Know i am going to be Cherry n' White till i die. Shaun
By far the greatest team, the world has ever seen
pie eater and proud of it

Arghhhhhh......

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

.......The 'Brain' is back and still talking garbage!!!!!
Fraggle

The Grate-est Pain

Post by Fraggle »

And next he'll be wondering why he wasn't made a moderator on here along with AJ. I wouldn't normally respond but I've been drinking...

Mr Haven't Gotta Brain, you're talking cr*p as always. Let's wait until Brett Dallas is back before criticising him, many players come back better than ever after a long lay-off, and he's hardly come back worse from previous injuries so why assume this time he's going to suffer? Adrian Lam was Roosters captain and in the Origin team the season he left, how does that make him a quitter. I'd like to see you make your criticisms of TerryO and Craig Smith to their faces, somehow I think it's not going to happen. Craig has said this year wasn't his best, implying he wants to do better next year, whilst Terry was a genuine contender for Man of Steel. Newton wasn't at his best but didn't conceed anything like as many penalties as Harvey NoYards, and who's this "Captain Pshycopath", sounds like some kind of drunk "Sorry occifer, I'm a bit pished tonite".

What is it that you want from the team? The days when we won everything have gone. The coach has said he was disappointed not to at least get to Old Trafford last year, despite the injuries. The players want to win, even pre-season they're talking of winning trophies next year. This season we won a trophy for the first year since '98. Next year's team is the same as this year's team without Howard (yippee) and Connolly (admittedly a bigger loss), but with a bunch of kids with a lot more experience. They did pretty well last year, so why can't we have a repeat next year. There aren't any really big names coming over to any of the clubs next season.

If you want to watch a bunch of no-hopers who've probably written off the season before it begins, try supporting Halifax. There's no point you "supporting" Wigan with this defeatist attitude.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
Paul Howard

Ignore this guy

Post by Paul Howard »

This guy is obviousley taking the hit and miss, so I think it's best that he is ignored, I reckon he thinks he's funny. It's actually quite a shame for poor lad. If he finds his comments funny, he's gotta be struggling. Or if your comment is sincere, how do you get through life from day to day ? It's ok, there are people that can help you. Just dial 1 - 800 - CHARISMA BYPASS, or email them via www.dead-beat.com
The Greatest brain

no i am being serious

Post by The Greatest brain »

Speaking to about 1000 rooster fans and they all say the same thing about Mr lam, yes he is a very very good player, just that he bottles it on the big occasion, and from pervious seasons at wigan i agree, only once in the Challenge cup did he manage to fire.
Smith and O'conner, well send the pair to my house and i will tell the pair they need to toughen up.
And i am back because the WORL forum banned me!!!!
Shocking.
wigan pier

the greatest pain

Post by wigan pier »

Why don't you go and tell terry and craig to "toughen up" somewhere nice and dark! better still why not just go and watch the latics so you will feel at home with other morons..
Pengy

In a way he has a point

Post by Pengy »

The way he explained it all was abit over the top but if you take of your cherry and white specs he has a point. Lets face it dallas will not be the player he was, for one he will have lost abit of his speed. No one can come back from a serious knee injury and still have the same speed as he once did.

Our backline is small and hodgeson and paul johnson did all start off at wing so in away its like having 4 wingers out there.

O'neil is clueless in attack and is so predictable, he makes the odd brakes but he hardly ever creates a brake for someone else with a killer pass.

Adrian Lam had a good second half of a season this year, if your to be honest he only started to play when farrell got injured. Also he did bottle it in the play offs in his last season for sydney you can ask any sydney fan.

Craig smith is here on a holiday simple as that. No player is the 2nd best prop in the world one day and one of the worst the next. Ok maybe not one of the worst but he's been crap this season and if you cant see that there is something wrong.

Terry o'connor been playing well now for 3 seasons. A work horse in attack but doesnt make his presence felt in defence for me.

Terry newton can be one of the best hookers in the world on his day but he wasnt consistant enough last year. I think he will come back next season better than ever now that the court case is over.

Personally next year i think we will do quite well in the challenge cup again reaching the final, not sure about winning it but i think we will get to the final because we havent bought any new players so the team is used to playing with each other so i think that will be good for us. I think we will finish 3rd in the super league but i dont think we will get to the grand final because i dont think our squad is strong enough and if we get any injuries to key players we dont have the strength in debt to replace them.
John M

Lam

Post by John M »

I have to say,Lam is a known bottler in the big games.Saying that,when he has a good game hes as good as anyone in the world.He was playing like a freak 3/4 of the way through last season but in the play offs he really did lose it.I think in those play offs he dropped more ball in good attacking positions than he did all year!
Ask any Aussie and they will tell you that although Lam can be a world beater,he is a proven bottler over in Aus.Still,he is a fantastic player on his day and we are very lucky to have him at Wigan.
A friend of mine knows Andy Greg and he reckons Lam is one of the worst Scrum Halves Wigan have had for years! I cant say i agree with that though but surely Greg must know a thing or two about scrum halves?

Next year i think Hodgson will hit an all time high and prove to be a real class centre once he gets a bit more experience.Johnson will no doubt do a good job and should score plenty trys but God help his wingman!! I would pair Dallas with Hodgson without a doubt.

To be fair to the moron known as The Brain,he does have a point but hes gone over the top and tried to wind us up.We do look very weak and really if we are honest,next season will be a big risk as far as players go.There are just far too many young lads in for my money.Like Pengy said,if we get injurys to key players like Cassidy,Farrell,Lam,Radlinski or O'Connor then we will be in big trouble.But then again,if we manage to keep our 1st choice 13 fully fit then anything could happen but everyone will have to have a big season if we are to defeat the top sides.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
Mike
Site Admin

next season

Post by Mike »

next year is going to be great fun though. Its a year for the kids to feel their way into the Super League with enough support from a few senior players that they will not lose confidence.

I don't think we'll be string enough to beat Bradford or Saints more than they beat us, but Leeds, Cas, Hull, London etc should all be really good matches. More than half the games next year are going to be ones that you don't know the outcome of before they kick off - when's the last time that happened?

This season was a struggle to try and win the GF, whereas the next two years this goal may be unrealistic. But if the kids come on as they are being tipped to, two years down the line we could dominate once again. Don't forget, these are the first real batch of players who have had an established professional Academy system in place for their whole careers.

I for one will not be dsiapointed with a thrid place finish for the next two years - as long as the players are being developed as a group to reach their full potential in 2004.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐