Any Wins A Good Win!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
The booze hound

Re: Any Wins A Good Win!

Post by The booze hound »

cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:In all my years in sport I have never known a bad win, bad performance for sure but not a bad win!!

Maybe it was a great win actually because we performed so bad!!

Guess it depends on your agenda!!
You cannot argue with that, 2 points winning by a ton is the same as 2 points won by 1 point. The performance can be good or bad.
But if we lose the League Leaders Shield on points difference......?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The booze hound wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:In all my years in sport I have never known a bad win, bad performance for sure but not a bad win!!

Maybe it was a great win actually because we performed so bad!!

Guess it depends on your agenda!!
You cannot argue with that, 2 points winning by a ton is the same as 2 points won by 1 point. The performance can be good or bad.
I guarantee that if you pick up 2 points every game by winning ugly, you won't lose the LLS!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

For the last 2 seasons we have played the same type of boring rugby. make yards down the middle and when we get into the 20 do a crossfield kick. Our defence has been superb so far this season but the first time it lets us down we are going to get hammered because there is no creativity in the team. This will only improve when Sam is fit. Nothing will change because the coach wants us to play that way. But this will do nothing to attract the crowds.Its great to win but lets try and do it with a bit more style.
The booze hound

Post by The booze hound »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
The booze hound wrote:
cpwigan wrote: You cannot argue with that, 2 points winning by a ton is the same as 2 points won by 1 point. The performance can be good or bad.
I guarantee that if you pick up 2 points every game by winning ugly, you won't lose the LLS!!
I guarantee we won't pick up 2points every game. Points difference matters, my memory isn't that short.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

The booze hound wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
The booze hound wrote: But if we lose the League Leaders Shield on points difference......?
I guarantee we won't pick up 2points every game. Points difference matters, my memory isn't that short.
That wasn't the point though was it?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
exiled

Post by exiled »

warriors01 wrote:For the last 2 seasons we have played the same type of boring rugby. make yards down the middle and when we get into the 20 do a crossfield kick. Our defence has been superb so far this season but the first time it lets us down we are going to get hammered because there is no creativity in the team. This will only improve when Sam is fit. Nothing will change because the coach wants us to play that way. But this will do nothing to attract the crowds.Its great to win but lets try and do it with a bit more style.
Hang on, weren't people saying last season that the ball was going wide (Waneball?) at the first opportunity and not down the middle to draw in the defence to create space on the outside?
Mike
Site Admin

Post by Mike »

100% start to the season. It will do for me. Grinding out wins when you are playing poorly is the mark of a good side.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

exiled wrote:
warriors01 wrote:For the last 2 seasons we have played the same type of boring rugby. make yards down the middle and when we get into the 20 do a crossfield kick. Our defence has been superb so far this season but the first time it lets us down we are going to get hammered because there is no creativity in the team. This will only improve when Sam is fit. Nothing will change because the coach wants us to play that way. But this will do nothing to attract the crowds.Its great to win but lets try and do it with a bit more style.
Hang on, weren't people saying last season that the ball was going wide (Waneball?) at the first opportunity and not down the middle to draw in the defence to create space on the outside?
Truth be told I think defences are getting better abd better re 2nd man plays but equally important I think / hope that when Sam is fit he will make a huge difference to our attack.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

cpwigan wrote:
exiled wrote:
Truth be told I think defences are getting better abd better re 2nd man plays but equally important I think / hope that when Sam is fit he will make a huge difference to our attack.
That has been the problem even when Sam left we kept playing as Sam was with us and not adapted to other players.