Salford game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Owd Codger

Re: Salford game

Post by Owd Codger »

No straw damn us wrote:
cow yeds wrote:
PF Warrior wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that Wigan Athletic was only part owner of the DW and that Wigan Council was part owner. If that is the case how come the Football team seem to be calling the tune.
The ground is owned and managed by Wigan Football Company Limited.
15% is owned by Wigan Council. btw Wigan Football Ltd is NOT the same as Wigan Athletic.
14% actually (4.9 million of the £35 million cost of building the Stadium).

The name of Wigan Football Club Limited is more than likely the trading name of Wigan Athletic who own the Stadium and which is registered with Companies House. Prior to Whelan donating the Stadium to the Latic's, it was owned by Whelco, the trading name of Whelan's business empire. In other words, it is still owned by Whelan as he owns Wigan Athleic.

Wigan Rugby League Club Limited is the trading name of Wigan Warriors and registered with Companies House.
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

josie andrews wrote:Re Catalan game; my nephew wanted to introduce his girlfriend to the game. It cost him almost £40 on his mobile just to be told he was number 1 in the queue! He never got through!!

So I rang from home to the ticket office for him. I asked for one of the two empty seats directly in front of us, as we knew those people weren't renewing their season ticket, only to be told that those seats were taken & there weren't any seats near us available.

I managed to buy a ticket further up our row, and, very kindly, the people on our row all moved up one place to allow her to sit with us.

At the actual game, there were the two seats directly in front of us both empty & six directly behind us empty.

They all may have been season ticket holders who didn't attend the game but I find that hard to believe!

I'm sorry but there are some of the ticket staff who are just not capable, experienced or simply good enough IMO

Sorry :(

Josie I have had same 4 seats from the day we moved into dw. I renewed my ticket with early bird always do (tight bugger). This year I did not renew all at the same time because me son was considering moving because his younger second son now felt he would like to try it. After diciding he would stay put and just get another ticket whenever he wanted to go as near to us as possible went to renew his season ticket late Dec on renewing was informed that his sons seat had been sold for catalan game but they would give him ticket for that game a few seats down same row. My son not thinking about it said ok it's only one game. When he got home and was going through all details they had actually given my grandson a ticket for catalan game of all places in my sons seat.I thought it funny can't say my son did after another journey back did get sorted. My reply to him was remmember its the early bird that catches the worm .His rely.F,,,,,,,,, :D
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

As was pointed out to me this morning, the club are not selling tickets for the Salford game on the website. It is possible that they may be waiting to see how the pitch holds up on Saturday. This could be a reason why a decision has yet to be made or that they are concerned that sales for the Brisbane game may be affected. TBH I think the game will be moved. The loyalty of the fans being sorely tested once again. I would love to see the fans to stage a Liverpool style protest but cannot see it happening.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Has been switched to the Thursday
Dorsey

Post by Dorsey »

I'm getting heartily sick of all this.

This game has been moved

We can't play our home game on Easter Monday and to add insult to injury the fiasco to London is heading towards being an annual event.

It's almost like the club is saying let's see how far we can push our fans
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Fixture Announcement

Wigan Warriors announce that the First Utility Super League game between Wigan and Salford, originally scheduled for Friday 26th February, will now take place at the DW Stadium on Thursday 25th February with the game kicking-off at 8:00pm.

This follows mutual discussions between Wigan, Salford, the Rugby Football League and Super League.

Tickets for this game are available immediately from the DW Stadium Ticket Office, the Ticket Hotline 08716633 552 and online HERE.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... xKaTtxJ.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

shame they cant be bothered giving more information to us about why and leaving it to speculation.

i had friday booked of work and planned to go to the pub under the arch before making my way down to the stadium later on.

so i'm now left ever losing my £5 for five a side i pay in advance or miss the match >_<.

These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
the sully bar

Post by the sully bar »

Is it so far out of our reach to break away from the pathetics and build our own ground as when you see the likes of saints wire widnes and even leigh that have done this and not one of them teams gets the attendance figures like we do , sick and tired of playing second fiddle to a second rate football team ,enough is enough we need our own ground to call home ,if fc united can do it purely on fan contributions we can .
He has got the strengh he has got the speed..and hes beaten him....Ray French on Henderson Gills try 1985 cup final.
warriors01

Post by warriors01 »

I think its pretty obvious that the Latics have said your not playing Friday on that pitch. Just have to put up with it because it wont be the last time something like this happens
sheepdip

Post by sheepdip »

That scuppers it for me an afraid. Due to work commitments I will probably not be able to go.I am now wishing it had been moved to another ground. I thought I would never say it, but don't think I will be renewing my season ticket next year. I now think the good will of the fans could be at breaking point. The moving of games at short notice and the long gap between home games during the middle of the season must lead to a substantial loss of revenue, and whilst being forced to make fixture changes is probably out of Leneghan's hands, it looks to the fans that he is being bullied by the football club. I suppose the only hope for a better deal for us fans is that Latics continue to drop through the leagues and their ability to push Leneghan around may not be as easy. I think the whole game day experience at Wigan is poor for the normal fan. Improving the catering, cleaning the seats, finding a golden gamble ticket seller or programme seller who does not look bored or disinterested is a problem for me. I am thinking they are not on commission. It should be a professional outfit and I think it looks amateurish at times. The whole Millwall thing looked as though it was made up at the last minute was pretty poor IMO, plus the late delivery of new replica shirts was not good enough.
"A STRONG LEEDS IS GOOD FOR THE GAME" (Gratian, H 2006)