Salford game

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Salford game

Post by josie andrews »

As yet, there has been no statement regarding the Salford game on Friday February 26th.

I don't know how true this is, but, I've heard that Mr Lenegan has refused to pay towards the relaying of the new pitch. And rightly so IMO.

So, as someone said, "latics are being ar**s" & are refusing to let us play Salford the day before they play Bury on Saturday 27th February

Salford refuse to move the game to the Thursday or Sunday, so is the game being played somewhere else or has it been postponed to a later date?

The RFL have made a right cock up of our fixtures this season as this is the second game, HKR Easter Monday, that is clashing with the Latics!

As "tenants", as we are frequently reminded, isn't it the "landlords" place to pay for & arrange for any maintenance to the DW Stadium??

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Re: Salford game

Post by cpwigan »

May be right / wrong bur some Latics fans have been making spoof reports / newspapers.
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

IT'S NOT GOING TO STOP US !!!!

But it is becoming increasingly difficult to support the Warrior's from afar these day's.

I understand that the club have nothing to do with the West Coast Train line being closed which is casing all sort of logistic problems for us (6) up here. had to drive to the Catalan and now Brisbane games (bad weather forecast). BUT

The HKR game on Easter Monday the club have known about for long enough and the silence is deafening. Now as reported by Josie the possible disruption to the Salford game date , a rumour has been circulating for a while about this one (the game is just over a week away) and again nothing .

All we ask is some communication from the club to give us and hundreds of other long distance supporters a fair chance of getting to the game at reasonable cost .

As Always Regards , EW

(See you Saturday)

2002 and EW is hooked
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

josie andrews wrote:As yet, there has been no statement regarding the Salford game on Friday March 4th!

I don't know how true this is, but, I've heard that Mr Lenegan has refused to pay towards the relaying of the new pitch. And rightly so IMO.

So, as someone said, "latics are being ar**s" & are refusing to let us play Salford the day before they play Peterborough United on Saturday March 5th!

Salford refuse to move the game to the Thursday or Sunday, so is the game being played somewhere else or has it been postponed to a later date?

The RFL have made a right cock up of our fixtures this season as this is the second game, HKR Easter Monday, that is clashing with the Latics!

As "tenants", as we are frequently reminded, isn't it the "landlords" place to pay for & arrange for any maintenance to the DW Stadium??

Just read Josies post again

The Salford home game is listed on the Wigan website as

Friday 26/02/2016 20:00 Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils DW Stadiumn and not March 4th 2016

Hope this is the case as i will be sunk again if correct but this time i WILL CRY lol

Regards , EW
2002 and EW is hooked
keptinthedarkfans

Post by keptinthedarkfans »

cpwigan wrote:May be right / wrong bur some Latics fans have been making spoof reports / newspapers.
Beats me why latics fans feel so threatened by us. It's a different game with a different shaped ball for gods sake.
The daft thing about this is We pull out of stadium and make our own way.DW stadium would be a white elephant within 2 years. Latics can't sustain the stadium on there own and they know it.Whelan will not keep bailing them out. :(
markill

Post by markill »

We're away at Hull on 4 March
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

keptinthedarkfa​ns​ wrote:
cpwigan wrote:May be right / wrong bur some Latics fans have been making spoof reports / newspapers.
Beats me why latics fans feel so threatened by us. It's a different game with a different shaped ball for gods sake.
The daft thing about this is We pull out of stadium and make our own way.DW stadium would be a white elephant within 2 years. Latics can't sustain the stadium on there own and they know it.Whelan will not keep bailing them out. :(
Spot on, but try drumming it into the idiot element of Latics supporters on the Wigan Today website like Ronnie Brocal and the clown who changes his user name on a regular basis.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

EDINBURGH-WARRI​OR​ wrote:
josie andrews wrote:As yet, there has been no statement regarding the Salford game on Friday March 4th!

So, as someone said, "latics are being ar**s" & are refusing to let us play Salford the day before they play Peterborough United on Saturday March 5th!

Just read Josies post again

The Salford home game is listed on the Wigan website as

Friday 26/02/2016 20:00 Wigan Warriors v Salford Red Devils DW Stadiumn and not March 4th 2016

Hope this is the case as i will be sunk again if correct but this time i WILL CRY lol

Regards , EW
Sorry my mistake, I'd been looking at the Hull FC fixture to see if tickets were on sale that is on 4th March :blush: will correct my error on OP

Thank you :)
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

markill wrote:We're away at Hull on 4 March
Yes noticed my error, see reply to Edinburgh Warrior
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

The "cock up" for the Easter Monday fixture falls firmly at the hand of Wigan Warriors. The football fixtures were compiled in late June/early July, there was lack of communication between Warriors and Latics. All it needed was a polite e-mail reminder to Latics in early June to say that they would require stadium availability for Easter Monday 2016.