Re: Wigan Brisbane

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

JJ wrote:Another meaningless game that has injured our players Mick Mac could be out for months, Tony Club injured Also Manfreddie and it's not half time yet, we are not going to have a full side to play league games at this rate. ????
Problem is with this type of game its men against boys and it shows. This game will cost us more than just tonight.
SJ

Post by SJ »

JJ wrote:
thegimble wrote:
JJ wrote:Another meaningless game that has injured our players Mick Mac could be out for months, Tony Club injured Also Manfreddie and it's not half time yet, we are not going to have a full side to play league games at this rate. ????
Problem is with this type of game its men against boys and it shows. This game will cost us more than just tonight.

I totally agree with you
Me to
morley pie eater

Post by morley pie eater »

Gelling responsible for their 1st try in each half. Disappointed with Williams not just tonight - I was a big fan but he's not developing as I thought he would. If we swapped Nikorima for Smith, we'd have a chance
Wigan ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ Saints ⭐⭐⭐
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

One of our fans was berating Saints yesterday.

I pointed out that win or lose neither us nor the Saints get anything but pride out of these fixtures. The only teams who win anything are either North Queensland or Leeds tomorrow night.

Dress it up how you like that is a fact
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Watching at home.

I disagree with this men vs boys comments
Its small things that are giving the broncos the game. The injuries are catching up. A bounce of the ball of the bloody goal post for example.

however broncos goal line defence is brilliant.

Sky are forgetting there is also a massive cap difference.

do we think sky will finally mention our injuries when we are 10 down....
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Caboosegg wrote:Watching at home.

Its small things that are giving the broncos the game. The injuries are catching up. A bounce of the ball of the bloody goal post for example.

I think there is more to it than luck (if you want to call it that). Our worst performance against the Bronco's and I think this shows have far downhill we have gone over the years.

Good enough to make the Grand Final. Good effort only against Australian opponents

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Small things what like running over the top and tacking us apart on both sides of the field.
ian b

Post by ian b »

All due respect, but I don't believe these games are meaningless. I think any International match is good for our game especially if we are too stand up to union. What I can't understand is why we can't compete ? I wrestled for years and with a lot of guys from different countries and I honestly beat most of them because they're only flesh and blood. So this being the case I can only presume the coaching is way off and considering how long we have been playing the game I think it is not acceptable
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

God wrote:Embarrassing. The whole world club series is an embarrassment and a none starter for me.

2 blow out scores, none competative, following on from last years debacle. Brisbane are mocking us and who can blame them. Another blow out score tomorrow should see this concept scrapped.

Waste of time, players health and money if you ask me.

Bin it off until we can get youngsters interested in this sport and grass roots rugby changing with better ideas.

Coaching is a shambles, Super League is a shambles co paired to this. Aussies are laughing at how inept we are.
Not sure if you are being sarcastic GOD

But until we have a level salary cap these matches are ridiculously one-sided and pointless as a result

Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

thegimble wrote:

Small things what like running over the top and tacking us apart on both sides of the field.
Thats the thing though.

Until 15 minutes into the second half they wernt taking us apart. Only one of there tries looked convincing and easy.

Tiredness sets in and then they score for fun.
but wigan have not given up.

Watching the two game so far. We have put up a much better fight and game than saints did. Although i believe broncos would have won convincingly the walk away score line is not fair on how wigan have actually played.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.