Use of 17?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Use of 17?

Post by cpwigan »

We never seemed to give either Burke OR Sutton much time.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Use of 17?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:We never seemed to give either Burke OR Sutton much time.
Or Gregson!! :eh:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote:We never seemed to give either Burke OR Sutton much time.
Or Gregson!! :eh:
:o forgot him. Maybe else did.
markill

Post by markill »

I think Sutton did quite a big shift from about 15 minutes to about 50. I was just surprised that he didn't come back on near the end instead of Mossop as I think he poses a bigger threat
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
TSB

Post by TSB »

markill wrote:I think Sutton did quite a big shift from about 15 minutes to about 50. I was just surprised that he didn't come back on near the end instead of Mossop as I think he poses a bigger threat
Sorry not a regular poster but did not see a reason to take our Greg off at the time
Never missed a tackle, was winning quite comfortably totally bemused.
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

TSB wrote:
markill wrote:I think Sutton did quite a big shift from about 15 minutes to about 50. I was just surprised that he didn't come back on near the end instead of Mossop as I think he poses a bigger threat
Sorry not a regular poster but did not see a reason to take our Greg off at the time
It's the coach. He thinks he needs to be seen to be doing things. Like make subs at certain times whether they are needed or not.

When Micky Mac was fit he'd be taken off around the 20m mark by the clock.

I think Sutton and Burke have looked very good in the last two games.

Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

If he's seen to be doing things does that mean he knows what he's doing or detract from the fact that he doesn't?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
markill

Post by markill »

TSB wrote:
I don't think we were ever winning quite comfortably, but I was talking about the substitution of Tautai for Mossop later on. I wouldn't have brought Mossop on at that point. I felt like we needed Flower and Clubb back on when they came back on, not sure if that's when Burke went off or not.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
nathan_rugby

Post by nathan_rugby »

DaveO wrote:
TSB wrote:
It's the coach. He thinks he needs to be seen to be doing things. Like make subs at certain times whether they are needed or not.

When Micky Mac was fit he'd be taken off around the 20m mark by the clock.

I think Sutton and Burke have looked very good in the last two games.
They both look at least 2 stone overweight. No disrespect but they are fat. Sutton has been playing well and Burke looks to be improving but I am very worried why they are carrying so much excess fat at such a young age.

I think our forwards game plan kills the potential of many of our forwards.
Bomhead - "Lockers to prop."
Tuigamala

Post by Tuigamala »

Poor use of the subs last night. Lockers was awesome in parts and probably tired in others he missed 6 tackles in total 1 or possibly 2 crucial ones and made 2 glaring errors. He tried his damnedest but I think fatigue played into Widnes's hands. Considering those young kids have contributed to getting us over the line in the past 5 games to take them off and not bring them back on was a major mistake from the coaching staff.Young Gregson didn't even step over the touch line what's the point of putting him on the bench? You might as well name Mighty Max in the squad next week if were going to handicap ourselves like that. The book stops with the management for me.
"If there is no blood on the line, it is not rugby league"
(Russell Crowe)