Raring to Go

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Raring to Go

Post by josie andrews »

Willie Isa itching to finally play in Derby showdown

Isa set to play in first Derby game for Wigan Warriors

Wigan Warriors host St Helens at the DW Stadium on Friday 22nd July, 8pm kick-off

Willie Isa says he can’t wait to face St Helens this week in his first Derby for the Warriors.

The close season signing joined Wigan ahead of the 2016 season and still resides in Widnes so drives past Langtree Park every day on his way to training.

The 27-year-old says this is the game he has been waiting for.

“When I first signed for Wigan I remember driving past Langtree Park and thinking – I can’t wait for to play in the Derby!

“I obviously saw the Good Friday game when the fixtures came out and hoped to play some part in that but unfortunately I picked up a knee injury in the game against Brisbane and had to sit out.

“Since then I’ve been waiting and waiting for this fixture.

“Everyone here at the Club tells me about this game and how important it is. The fans have been reminding me too. It means a lot to everyone and it’s an honour to play in this game and represent the town of Wigan.”

St Helens currently sit in fifth position but head to the DW on the back of four wins and Isa expects a tough battle.

“They’ve started to come good of late. I think even they would be surprised that they’ve managed to catch Catalans up as fast as they have but they’ve managed to put four wins together and will want another one to try and make the top four.

“They’re playing some good footy and will come into this game full of confidence. It won’t be an easy game at all but I doubt any Wigan Saints Derby ever is!”

Wigan Warriors host St Helens in the Derby at the DW Stadium on Friday 22nd July. Tickets for this huge game start from £22 for adults and £15 for concessions with tickets available from the DW Stadium Ticket Office, the Ticket Hotline and online HERE.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... awMuTef.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan