Semi Final Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
moto748

Re: Semi Final Squad

Post by moto748 »

I should have said Houghton, to be fair. He has been the main man this season.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

pedro wrote:
Wintergreen wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote: Yet MM has had Roby in his pocket more often than I care to remember, Clark has hit a bit of form no doubt due to the help of Dwyer because before that he was average at best after a decent season at Cas and Segeyaro has played a couple of games with no pressure on at all with the huge help of the officials during those games!! Some posters seem to have very short memories!!

Sam Powell has been outstanding in MM's absence but work ethic should be a given in my opinion, although sadly it is not, a fully fit, which sadly he hasn't been for nearly 2 years now, MM is still the best hooker in SL when it really matters!!
I rate MM very highly (especially given the standard of SL thesedays).

However, do you really think he is at the same standard as Roby?

Imo Roby is clearly superior.
dont think he is anymore, he has lost his pace so is no longer a scooter
He didn't look like he had when he scored at the death last week.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Roby has been the best 9 for a few years now and still is.MM very tough and competitive but not in Robys class imo.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

medlocke wrote:
Panchitta Marra wrote:Beyond all the negatives being put on this site re Friday nights defeat, players supposedly injured or suspended, a coach who has no idea. WILL WE WIN ON FRIDAY NIGHT?
Dunno, supposed to be going fishing up Siddick
Siddick, it's lovely up here this aft meds, sun splitting the trees, hope you get some good bites and land one or two. Not sure if the fishing is good but the siddick locals are a catch. ????????????
Panchitta Marra

old hooker wrote:Roby has been the best 9 for a few years now and still is.MM very tough and competitive but not in Robys class imo.
If Mac isn't in the same class as Roby, why is it that Roby very seldom has a good game against Wigan when Mac is on the pitch, yet when Mac isn't playing, Roby puts on man of the match displays? I've only seen Roby ever play one reasonable game against McIllorum, and in that game Mac was carrying an injury.
I'm a bit of a stalker when it comes to these two hookers playing against each other and more persistent since the Grand Final of 2010. ????????
Wintergreen

Post by Wintergreen »

It's not about hooker vs hooker in games though is it?

I do agree Roby might be on a downwards trend now, but he is still a class act.

Having said that I am delighted that we have MM in our team.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Wintergreen wrote:It's not about hooker vs hooker in games though is it?

VERY true all of that. Roby is up with the very best ever Saints hookers when he does retire. At his peak he had the ability to turn in tackles and go forward despite having his back to goal. Bateman did a similar run v Saints.
ddtftf

Post by ddtftf »

Sam Powel needs more to his game to be considered top class, he never scoots from acting halfback and some times needs to show the ball to the left then pass to the right. He looks like he is under orders of the Wayne way to play, no flair just pass along the line and tackle your heart out.

He has great potential but is not the finished article yet.
Panchitta Marra

Wintergreen wrote:It's not about hooker vs hooker in games though is it?

If it's not about hooker v hooker then its a massive coincidence that Roby is so ineffective whenever Mac is playing, yet he can still turn it on against Wigan when Micky is not playing.
Is it that Roby gets out of bed on the wrong side on those days, is he wearing the wrong underpants when he plays.
It has to be something else if it's not McIllorum spoiling his party.
Please tell me what it is, as it's stumped me.
I'd have McIllorum every day of the week ahead of Roby. ????????
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

With you all the way PM!! By the way I do rate Roby but for me in big games especially against Wigan when MM is playing he has gone missing all to frequently!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett