Semi Final Squad

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Semi Final Squad

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors name 19-man squad for Cup Semi Final

Warriors face Hull FC at Keepmoat Stadium on Friday evening

Taulima Tautai replaces suspended Frank-Paul Nuuausala for Wigan

Wigan Warriors have today named the 19-man squad for Friday’s Ladbrokes Challenge Cup Semi Final clash with Hull FC.

The Warriors travel to the Keepmoat Stadium for the first time having won 2 of their last 3 Cup semi-finals, and coming out on top last time the sides met in the competition in the 2013 final.

Taulima Tautai returns from a one game ban and replaces Frank-Paul Nuuausala, who is suspended after striking in last week’s derby defeat to St Helens.

Elsewhere, young prop Joe Bretherton returns to the 19 man party in place of Jack Higginson.

Wigan Warriors 19-man squad
John Bateman, Joe Bretherton, Dom Crosby, Ben Flower, Oliver Gildart, Willie Isa, Dom Manfredi, Lee Mossop, Sean O’Loughlin, Sam Powell, Dan Sarginson, Kyle Shelford, Jake Shorrocks, Matty Smith, Ryan Sutton, Taulima Tautai, Lewis Tierney, Sam Tomkins, George Williams.

Wigan Warriors face Hull FC at the Keepmoat Stadium on Friday 29th July, 8pm kick-off. Tickets start from just £20 for adults, £15 concessions and £15 for juniors and are available from the DW Stadium Ticket Office, the Ticket Hotline - 0871 6633 552 (tickets ordered by phone must be collected from DW Stadium ticket office).

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... IZvLtHA.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Firestarter

Re: Semi Final Squad

Post by Firestarter »

I bet we got a lot of unfit players on friday...
Tomkins, sarge,crosby and powell are nowhere near 100%..
Hope im wrong though.
Personally ide star bateman at centre and put tierney on the bench.We will need big lads making the hard yards imo of course
IF YOU STRIKE ME DOWN I WILL BECOME MORE POWERFUL THAN YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

With Tomkins how long does he need?

I mean lets be honest since 2012 he has never been the player that he was 2010 and 2011.

In 2013 he was injured a bit and never really took the line on like he used to and seemed to have slowed, for Nz warriors he hardly set the world alight, then coming back he has been ok but he's never looked like making any sort of break

How much is fitness and how much he just ain't the same player anymore?
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:
That is the question! I guess we'll find the answer by the end of the season.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

moto748 wrote:
I think a lot of us know now but we prefer to be in denial. Jonny Lomax's return for Saints has been far more impressive. Hate to say it and I really want to be proved wrong but I think we saw the best of Sam before he left!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Beyond all the negatives being put on this site re Friday nights defeat, players supposedly injured or suspended, a coach who has no idea. WILL WE WIN ON FRIDAY NIGHT?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Kittwazzer wrote:
moto748 wrote:
I think a lot of us know now but we prefer to be in denial. Jonny Lomax's return for Saints has been far more impressive. Hate to say it and I really want to be proved wrong but I think we saw the best of Sam before he left!
This is my fear too, i mean when mickey mac returns i would imagine it would only take a few games to get back in the swing.

Personally i think weve wasted our marquee on sam, im not saying i wouldnt of had him back but i think he is not a marquee player anymore
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
SJ

Post by SJ »

Let's see at end of season re- both Tomkins bro and MM. Players returning from serious injury never seem to perform at their previous level
Josie's friend

Post by Josie's friend »

SJ wrote:Let's see at end of season re- both Tomkins bro and MM. Players returning from serious injury never seem to perform at their previous level
Tbh Micky's form before and during these injuries over a couple of seasons wasn't that great, not doubting his skill but imo it's Sam Powell's spot to lose.
moto748

Post by moto748 »

Objectively I don't either of them are that great; certainly not to the Clark/Roby/Segeyaro standard.

But with Sam Powell's formidable work-load, it does seem almost churlish to criticise him.