Clubb Man 14

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Clubb Man 14

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan’s Tony Clubb has updated from within the Wigan dressing room in his latest blog and says the Warriors are determined to reach the Grand Final now.
Reflecting on last week’s game, the Wigan prop wrote: “Quite simply, we weren’t at our best on Friday and everyone is absolutely gutted that we won’t be walking out at the final in a few weeks’ time. Looking back on the game, although we created some good opportunities, we maybe weren’t smart enough and made it hard for ourselves in such a big game. Hull punished us for that, so there’ll be a lot of focus now on how we manage our games.”

Looking forward, Clubb added: “The Super 8s is a tough set of games for any side, but you’ve got to beat the best to be the best, and that’s what we want to do now. It’s a chance for us to make up for some previous errors, it’s like making a fresh start. We’ve lost to the likes of St Helens and Hull in recent weeks, but this is a chance for us to get one back.”

Clubb Man 14

Hi guys,

First of all, thank you to everyone who made the trip over to Doncaster on Friday. We’re massively disappointed that we didn’t get the best result out of that game, but to see all the fans that travelled so far on a busy Friday night was much appreciated.

Quite simply, we weren’t at our best on Friday and everyone is absolutely gutted that we won’t be walking out at the final in a few weeks’ time. Looking back on the game, although we created some good opportunities, we maybe weren’t smart enough and made it hard for ourselves in such a big game. Hull punished us for that, so there’ll be a lot of focus now on how we manage our games.

All we can do now is try to move on from that defeat, and get our focus back, ready for the Super 8s.

We’ve got a good fresh run now, and we’re starting to get bodies back in the squad, which is what we need for such a big period of the season. Waney is a man who wants to win everything, so as disappointed as he is from the Challenge Cup result, he’s got his eyes set on Old Trafford now.

The Super 8s is a tough set of games for any side, but you’ve got to beat the best to be the best, and that’s what we want to do now. It’s a chance for us to make up for some previous errors, it’s like making a fresh start. We’ve lost to the likes of St Helens and Hull in recent weeks, but this is a chance for us to get one back.

Just an update on the injury, it’s going well, everything seems to be going according to plan. I’m not the easiest of injured people, I think our physio Jo is sick of the sight of me. Sitting on the side-lines when the game isn’t going our way, it can be frustrating, especially if you’re impatient like me. I’m hoping to get the all clear this week, and as long as I get that, it’s just about getting back up to full fitness before I’m ready for my return.

Take Care, Clubby

http://wiganwarriors.com/clubb-man?s=cl ... S4G7jHw.99

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan