Things that annoy me!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wanny

Things that annoy me!

Post by wanny »

I have a few things that i feel need tobe said:-

Firstly how come saints are getting bigger and bigger attendances whilst we are not?

Secondly how come the oficail Wigan site is so poor? The lastest news on the site is the WIgan vs Leeds game? HAS NOTHING ELSE HAPPENED SINCE THEN OR IS IT ME?

Thirdly why do the national press still only give our great sport which is the second biggest sport in the country, only a paragraph mention at the end of the sports section (Even rounders gets more of a mention)? And they say the press isnt biased at all?

The Greatest brain

hum

Post by The Greatest brain »

regarding the website it is very very poor.
the NRL clubs have much better sites with active forums and shops where you can online a lot of different things from Shirts to bed duvets.
regarding the attendences, most people are still stuck with the old central park and coupled with bad starting times, friday evenings and the prices and the location of the ground, means people do not want to go watch the warriors.
And where did you find out that the RUgby league was the 2nd biggest sport in the Uk???
The fact is that the press weather or not we like it is controlled by southerners, and they do not give a rat's arse about rugby league.
Why else does rugby union and cricket get such big sections in papers when a lot of the country aren't intrested in the sports??
because the south is intrested that is why.
wanny

Southerners

Post by wanny »

Well i dnt know if you know this brain but ther has been quite a few RL teams started in the south. MOst are doing rather well and london is getting another team, there called the skolars (dont think i spelt that right?) well they have been formed for a good few years now and they have been made semi pro. They'll be in the new second division next year with swinton, chorley, batley to name a few. They reckon they will be up there for promotion next season so maybe we might even have a southern derby match in a couple of years time?
John M

Saints

Post by John M »

Saints are getting bigger because their team is going places.They have spent their money wisely on good players whilst Wigan are having to cut back and lose class players and bring in 18 year old nobodys.The thing is,the salary cap is only really affecting Wigan because most of the other teams where not that far over it to start with.I suspect that Lindsay offered big money to players like Rads,Farrell,Lam,Dallas etc and they have now took a huge chunk out of our salary cap so we have little space to work when signing new players.
Saints OTOH have spent wisely,they have been very sucessful over the last few years and that has brought in the glory hunters.A look at Wigans team next year will turn glory hunters away rather than bring them in.Its hardly anything to get excited about seeing names like Wilde,Tickle and Hock in the team is it? Not exciting for glory hunters anyway is it?
If Wigan start to win things again they will slowly get the glory fans back.By win i mean win the SL.The CC means nothing these days.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
Pengy

Saints

Post by Pengy »

How can you say they have spent their money wisely? They are about a million pound in debt.
John M

Player wise

Post by John M »

No one is talking about debt.We are talking why Saints are bringing in the fans and becoming bigger whilst we dont seem to be going anywhere.
On the field Saints have spent their money(or the banks!) very wisely.They have a very well blended team of experience and youth and they have brought in players who can win them trophys without them going over the salary cap.If we are honest with ourselves,the current Saints team is very exciting to watch and when they put their mind to it they can beat anyone in the league.A lot of praise must go to Millward as well who despite being a complete sh1t head is the best coach in SL without a doubt.He will end up being the John Monie of St Helens.
All this sucsess has brought in the glory hunters who now make Saints average attendances much bigger.
Monie is God!

The Greatest brain

I hope your joking???

the fact they "won" the league in the fashion that they did sums up them really.
And how is it money well spent when the team will go bankrupt and out of business if they continue in this fashion??
And how they are under the cap is beyond me, a Canterbury Bulldogs it smells of at Knowsley shed if your asking me.
And they are the biggest cheating team I have ever known, and the sydney Roosters will smash them, even though the RFL aren't letting them have a warm up game which is just plain biased against the roosters.
And as for millward saying he would play in australia, well nobody is stopping the Aussie reject.
John M

Jealous?

Post by John M »

As a Wigan fan i will admit it hurt to see Saints win the GF but the matter of the fact is that they did win it.What Joynt did was wrong but at the end of the day Bradford did things in that game that they got away with and as they say it evens itself out.
Wether they are in debt or not they have spent their salary cap allocation wisely.
You say the Rooosters will hammer Saints? I wouldnt be too sure,nothing was more certain than Lockyer and Co hammering them last time and look what happened! Same with Joey Johns and Co,who would of thought Bradford could beat them so easily?
You cant knock Saints,they may be the most unlikable team in the world but at the moment they are the team to beat.
Monie is God!

The Greatest brain

jealous of what????

They won the super duper crappy league, we still have the challenge cup that is more important.
They are brankrupt nearly, the cap is in place to stop clubs going brankrupt, meaning it is clear that Saints are cheating the cap.
And The reason brisbane lost was due to hailstone and the fact it wasn't taken serious, and nor did Newcastle for that matter.
The roosters try to take this pathetic game serious and they aren't even allowed a warm up game!!!!!!!!!!
CRAZY!!!
Face it saints are a piss poor club who will soon be gone due to their over spending, and they have some aussie reject as a coach.