Forum

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wes

Forum

Post by Wes »

Great shame Mike about the forum!!

Is there no one to pass the baton too?

Where will everyone go to?
Kittwazzer

Re: Forum

Post by Kittwazzer »

Why, is it closing down?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Kittwazzer wrote:Why, is it closing down?
See the notice post from Mike. :conf:
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

I guess it's RLfans for those of us that aren't banned :conf:
yokozuna

Post by yokozuna »

With a little bit of funding, I'm sure a forum could be continued. Not a rlfans scale thing, but something like this site.
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Many thanks for your sterling effort Mike. IIRC, this site and Paperdragons were then the only Wigan fan site, long before RLfans Et Al.

Who knows maybe forums have had their day :conf:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

cpwigan wrote:Many thanks for your sterling effort Mike. IIRC, this site and Paperdragons were then the only Wigan fan site, long before RLfans Et Al.

Who knows maybe forums have had their day :conf:
Its funny CP,i thought that too recently with the advent of social media and in particular facebook this now is the only forum i go to,and the first new one ive joined in 5 years,time before that i was a regular on many forums all with differing interests.

Facebook has a lot to answer for.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Thanks for your time and effort with this site over the years Mike, one I've really enjoyed visiting and commenting on with like supporters of our club.
Irrespective of some of the later comments and arguments there has been some excellent information and debate produced on wiganwarriorsfans which none of us could have experienced without you running with this.
I'm sorry that your change in circumstances have forced you to make this decision, hope they're not too serious and would like to wish you well for the future, it's been good debating with you.

All the best,
Mike N????????
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Sad to hear, i never signed up to RLFANs to much trolling and arguing on that site (even with how bad its been on here recently)

out of curiosity how much was the server costing?
could reducing the site to a forum (as it is) and removing some of the older data not reduce it size and allow moving to a cheaper server? and then do a funding donations page?
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
OJ

Post by OJ »

It's obviously not a decision Mike has taken lightly and it's none of our business what the circumstances are.

Thanks very much for all your work and time Mike, sincerely hope all is well with you and best of luck and fortune in the future.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.