pessimism!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
welsh_warrior

pessimism!!!

Post by welsh_warrior »

i dont get where all this pssimism is coming from, if you listen to some people , who contradict themselves a lot , our club is dead on its feet . rubbish !! i personally think there is some paranoia out there , orrell in the zurich premiership , not this season . £30 million to the latics if they get in the premiership , dream on , i support wolves football team and if we got there we wouldnt have that kind of money !! with our owner !!!
as for stains , who gives a s£"^T, about them , i don't, come on lets think a bit more positivley!
John M

Well said

Post by John M »

Thank God you are on here to cheer me up.Every post lately seems to be about RL dying.Pity weve been dying for 100 years but we are still here.
Monie is God!

Long live Monie the king!!
Pie Eyed

A dying team .......... Yeah, right.

Post by Pie Eyed »

Could this be the same John whose last few posts that I've seen have been talking about NOTHING but our "eighteen year-old nobodies".

I agree with your sentiment on this one, though. We will be fine, both as a club in the long-run and as a team for this season.

These "nobodies" are ALL (from what I've seen), going to be "somebodies" VERY soon.

OK, so it might take a few games to gel the new lads with the rest of the team, but seriously, Luke Robinson, Sean Briscoe, David Hodgson, Danny Tickle, Steven Wilde, Ricky Bibey, Gareth Hock.... Is anyone on here going to deny that Most, if not ALL of these lads will be HUGE in our game in a few years.

How old were Edwards, Farrell and Rads when they first pulled on a first-team shirt ???? I seem to recall that they all turned out not to be TOO shabby.....

Come on guys, Wigan RLFC might have an "AVERAGE" season with all the new guys going in at once. However, what is "average" to us would be bloody MARVELLOUS to virtually ANY other team in SL. And if it takes one "average" season to get the best out of these lads, then so be it. We will benefit from their talents for YEARS to come.

So let's not concern ourselves with the likes of Athletic and Orrell. Just worry about what WRLFC will do this season - But from what I've seen, we shouldn't worry TOO much at all.
wanny

Sorry

Post by wanny »

I dont mean to be a pessamist.

Of course i want WIGANRL to continue and fill the JJB every game and of course i want saints never to win anything (like a true pie eater), but i cant help thinking that IF the latics get big then were going to suffer.

ANyway i've done with the latic chat lets be optimistic!!

Next season 3rd and let the youngster settle in. Beat the aussies in the test series 2-1 WAHOOOOO and then on to win superleague the year after with a young team which will again dominate British Rugby.
John M

Pie eyed>>>

Post by John M »

Yes i called the Wigan team nobodys because thats what they are.I in no way said they where going to fail though.
When i referred to them as nobodys i was looking at the Wigan team in the same way a glory hunter would.My point was that the names of Wilde,Tickle and Robinson will not bring in any new fans for the new season.
I am looking forward to seeing the young lads play and seeing just what they can do but can you honestly say that people will be queing up to watch Gareth Hock in a Wigan shirt?
To gain new fans you have to look ambitious and to glory hunters losing players like Furner and Connolly and replacing with nobodys looks as though they have given up on the team.
And my original post in this thread is towards those saying that the end is nearly here for Wigan RL.
Monie is God!

Pie Eyed

Sorry John

Post by Pie Eyed »

If I came across as having a go. I didn't mean to.

I know what you mean about the new fans and glory-hunters, but like I said - If we have to have a season where these fans stay away in order to show that these kids ARE superstars, then so be it.

I think that all of us on her, who go to the games, know what to expect from our youngsters in the academy, and are quite looking forward to seeing them in action on a regular basis.

See you later.
The Greatest brain

The fact is

Post by The Greatest brain »

if i wanted to 16 17 and 18 yr olds play rugby I would go down to PArkside and watch them wouldn't I??
I don't expect to have to pay £100 odd quid to see players who are nothing special and what i could see for free!!!
i pay top money to see top players I thought???
And how this system where we chuck all the youngsters in during one season will work i am not sure.
we should sign a proper forward who can go forward and who will protect the youngsters, not fatty craig smith who is here on a holiday.
John M

Ah but Mr Brain

Post by John M »

We have no option than to play the young lads because we are over the salary cap.We just cannot get out of it.You cannot blame Lindsay or Whelan,they want to bring in world class players but the salary cap has halted everything.You have to now ask why are other teams signing new players whilst Wigan are losing so many that they cannot replace? Are the big name stars at Wigan demanding too much money?
Monie is God!

The Greatest brain

starting with the likes of faz

Post by The Greatest brain »

that bloke is on a mega contract so is that ginger bloke radlinski.
Sack that pair and sign Lockyer and Joey JOhns and scotty Hill.
And sod the salary cap, i mean saints are clearly cheating the cap as are the bulls but nobody says a word about it??
Why not sign Lockyer and JOhns on a Duel contract so Orrell pay the wage and they only turn out for wigan??
Pie Eyed

"Fatty" Craig Smith

Post by Pie Eyed »

If you watch Craig Smith and Terry O on TOP form (ie When Smith is NOT carrying an ankle injury), you will see 2 of the hardest working props in the game.

Add to that Smiths' ability to offload the ball, and if you can get team-mates to follow-up in a 2nd phase of attack, you will see his TRUE strengths.

I have very little doubt that he will be AWESOME this season if he can stay injury free.

Finally, as to watching "players who are nothing special", just watch Robinson, Briscoe, Hodgeson, Tickle, Wilde and Bibey and then come back and tell me (particularly with the first 3) that they are "nothing special.

I for one CAN'T WAIT to see these lads in action this year, 'cos they are TALENTED, they are HUNGRY, they are KEEN and they REALLY want to do well and SECURE a first team place.

Give me that EVERY TIME, over players who are big-names but who can't rise to the occasion.