Tierney

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Tierney

Post by cpwigan »

Again IMO he was fantastic. I had him down as an ham and egger making up the numbers but if he had to play next season I would not think oh I wish X or Y was playing. 2016 has been a massive maturing season for Lewis.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Tierney

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

I think we need to give the lad big raps, to play a GF with cracked ribs proves he is a real tough cookie made out of the Wigan mould.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

He needs to grow shoulders if he does that he could become a true great on the wing with that blistering speed of his,this season though wherever he's played he's really not let anyone down and as it's worn on he just got better and better.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I love this boy! He tries so hard & will play wherever he is put. He is so happy & always tries to give his best.

He's such a cheeky chappie, he is like Gells, enjoys life & lives life to the full.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

josie andrews wrote:I love this boy! He tries so hard & will play wherever he is put. He is so happy & always tries to give his best.

He's such a cheeky chappie, he is like Gells, enjoys life & lives life to the full.
He was like a little kid celebrating at the end of the match. He was even more excited that after we won the semi. Great to see young players enjoying themselves so much when playing the game.y
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

Brilliant to see someone develop, and immense credit to the coaching staff that they saw his talent and have nurtured him. He is such an exciting broken field runner. And I sense there is a lot more to come. The only point I would say is that he is an instinctive player and seems to be at highest when he doesn't have time to think. But maybe poise will come with time...
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Would have preferred Rocky on the wing!! :wink:
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:Would have preferred Rocky on the wing!! :wink:
About 2 months ago I would have had Rocket Ronnie Braithwaite in the team before Lewis Tiermey :wink:
fozzieskem

Post by fozzieskem »

josie andrews wrote:I love this boy! He tries so hard & will play wherever he is put. He is so happy & always tries to give his best.

He's such a cheeky chappie, he is like Gells, enjoys life & liveis life to the full.
That's it isn't it Josie sometimes we all forget it's just a game,a game there to be enjoyed by players and supporters alike I think lads like Lewis and the King remind us of it.

I hope young Lewis continues his development at the rate he is doing.
Ed Osmond

Post by Ed Osmond »

Tierney has come of age last few weeks.
We have seen his pace and he is a good team player.Strong defensively though needs to work on defusing the high balls.