our most successful coach of the Super League era

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
No straw damn us

Re: our most successful coach of the Super League era

Post by No straw damn us »

cpwigan wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:Since Wane took over at Wigan they have won more league games than any other team, their average finishing position has been higher than any other team, they've got to four out of five Grand Finals winning two, won the Challenge Cup and the League Leaders shield and finished runners up on three occasionas.
In short the FACT is that they have been the most consistant team in Superleague whilst he has been in charge.
Which is where they should have been or are you ignoring where and what he inherited? of course you are Rogues. Your tongue is covered in the brown stuff yet you hid like a coward re Bilko. Gutless.
I've had a couple of nice messages from Bilko and Kath but I won't make them public, now that is classless.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

thegimble wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:Since Wane took over at Wigan they have won more league games than any other team, their average finishing position has been higher than any other team, they've got to four out of five Grand Finals winning two, won the Challenge Cup and the League Leaders shield and finished runners up on three occasionas.
In short the FACT is that they have been the most consistant team in Superleague whilst he has been in charge.
Which is where they should have been or are you ignoring where and what he inherited? of course you are Rogues. Your tongue is covered in the brown stuff yet you hid like a coward re Bilko. Gutless.
Here we go again. You have made your point re last night.

When I read gutless idiots like Rogue abusing me it will continue. Hell Josie even lies out of her false teeth oh I forgot amnesia
:roll: :huh2: :roll:

So as somebody who does not lie or kiss ass then I will say what I want thankyou Gimble. Screw the liars and frauds or are you ok with that.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

No straw damn us wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
I've had a couple of nice messages from Bilko and Kath but I won't make them public, now that is classless.
LOL no idea what you are withering about. Kath who, not the supporter club Kath :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Finishing higher on average than any other team yet with one LLS to show for it has got to be one of best examples of a pointless statistic going. We were in fact beaten to the prize 4 out of 5 times.

One win in the CC in 2013 (with an easy route to the final v a poor Hull side) has been followed by not even getting to the final since as we didn't in 2012. So another 4 out of 5 against us.

You could probably concoct some impressive stats for the Noble years as well that makes his record sound good.
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

cpwigan wrote:
I think you should walk away. Your ever more hysterical abuse of reasonable people suggests to me that your judgement has completely deserted you. For you own good, take a break.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Exiled Wiganer wrote:
cpwigan wrote:
I think you should walk away. Your ever more hysterical abuse of reasonable people suggests to me that your judgement has completely deserted you. For you own good, take a break.
Exactly what I have just advised!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Exiled Wiganer

Post by Exiled Wiganer »

I think that the key is in the word "our", so that the comparison is with other Wigan coaches.
Now, it could be argued that he inherited a very good set up, and that we have lost a lot of big games, but the way he steered this particular 17 players to the championship is genuinely an achievement to rank alongside our clubs greatest triumphs. I suppose the championship when we had 8 players on a boat to Oz and the Brisbane win would rank above them, but it is hard to think of another.
For what it's worth, I would have been happy to see him step aside after the Widnes game, but he has done enough since then to earn more time, now, if he could employ an attack coach with NRL experience we would do the quadruple next year.
TrueBlueWarrior

cpwigan wrote:
thegimble wrote:
cpwigan wrote: Which is where they should have been or are you ignoring where and what he inherited? of course you are Rogues. Your tongue is covered in the brown stuff yet you hid like a coward re Bilko. Gutless.
Here we go again. You have made your point re last night.

When I read gutless idiots like Rogue abusing me it will continue. Hell Josie even lies out of her false teeth oh I forgot amnesia
:roll: :huh2: :roll:

So as somebody who does not lie or kiss ass then I will say what I want thankyou Gimble. Screw the liars and frauds or are you ok with that.
Congratulations cp you should be very proud, you ignore liars and frauds on a forum, what an achievement!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Being a Wigan fan with no agenda, the stat I like most of all is Wigan 2016 GF winners!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I do not lie which you both seem happy to accept. Josie is a bare faced liar. Rogues would not know the truth if it hit him in the face. I could not give a hoot re the forum but bare faced liars, *uck em.