Matty Smith

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: Matty Smith

Post by yokozuna »

NeeNawWarrior22 wrote:
si_bax wrote:Wigan have just tweeted this in reply to the Matty Smith announcement

"We're not done in the transfer market for today just yet..."
Escare!
Correct!

http://wwrl.co/ak6tOU
Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

Cheers for the great rugby you played since you where here, we all miss you very very much :conf: ,

Here's a thought, does that Hampshire lad that plays for Cas not kick, if not the surely we could find say a goal kicking winger at Widnes
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

I have never doubted Smiths commitment to the cause, just his lack of ability, glad hes gone.
Caboosegg

Post by Caboosegg »

Gutted,
i hope im proved wrong but i believe we are going to suffer from this, with lockers playing less and less, smith leadership is going to be missed.
These are two reasons not to trust people.
1. We don't know them.
2. We do know them.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Old news. Every fan already new. Oh wait Wigan wanted to pretend. Similar to Wane lambasting his own supporters for having to guess as Wigan and the truth are often some part apart.

Josie could have told us all months ago but sadly she forgot :lol:
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Caboosegg wrote:Gutted,
i hope im proved wrong but i believe we are going to suffer from this, with lockers playing less and less, smith leadership is going to be missed.
Never struck me as a leader. I do remember him playing pretty well against us back in 2010 for Saints but never realy like that for us. As I said we will see if he looks a different player under a different coach and system but if he does look better, whose fault will that be?
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:Old news. Every fan already new. Oh wait Wigan wanted to pretend. Similar to Wane lambasting his own supporters for having to guess as Wigan and the truth are often some part apart.

Josie could have told us all months ago but sadly she forgot :lol:
How did you know then?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I think the club has behaved typically in this matter. If you read the statement (and ignore the weasel words) Saints were willing to offer a 29-year old player a four-year contract. Wigan were not prepared to do so, despite that player being integral to their play and leading the side in SOL's absence.
We have no recognised kicker left (Hampshire presumably or Shorrocks will do IF they can get in the team) and cover appears to be players who haven't impressed before; a returning player who is 2 years older and ended his last spell at hooker and a utility player. Does that sound like a team building on a GF success?
Oh well - a few more 'cheapies' in and that should save some more money if we can get rid of our established props and flog the second-rowers to OZ.
This is not the way that Wigan do things - or rather it now seems to be the new way.
I'm extremely disappointed in the club.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

It's well known I'm not smiths greatest fan but what I would say is he is an impeccable professional and a role model to young players in terms of how he conducts himself

He was never dynamic enough for me, but I appreciate he has played his part in the clubs successes
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Southern Softy wrote:I think the club has behaved typically in this matter. If you read the statement (and ignore the weasel words) Saints were willing to offer a 29-year old player a four-year contract. Wigan were not prepared to do so, despite that player being integral to their play and leading the side in SOL's absence.
We have no recognised kicker left (Hampshire presumably or Shorrocks will do IF they can get in the team) and cover appears to be players who haven't impressed before; a returning player who is 2 years older and ended his last spell at hooker and a utility player. Does that sound like a team building on a GF success?
Oh well - a few more 'cheapies' in and that should save some more money if we can get rid of our established props and flog the second-rowers to OZ.
This is not the way that Wigan do things - or rather it now seems to be the new way.
I'm extremely disappointed in the club.
Hampshire will not be here. He will be on loan or sold. Shorrocks will only get in when Williams is injured.