Sutton Springs Back

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Sutton Springs Back

Post by josie andrews »

Ryan Sutton glad to be back in pre-season training

Wigan youngster aiming to improve on great 2016

Warriors continue preparations ahead of new Super League season
Wigan youngster Ryan Sutton says it’s good to be back in training as he looks to improve again in 201

The 21-year-old played in all but one of Wigan’s games last season and was shortlisted for the Super League Young Player of the Year award in an impressive 2016.

Now he says the aim is to improve further. Speaking after joining back up with squad, Sutton said: “It’s good to be back, you can only have so much time off then you get bored of sitting around doing nothing so it’s great to be back in training now.

“I think last year went really well for me, I learnt a lot. I just wanted to play more games last year so to play every game bar one is a big achievement for myself.

“It was good just to be nominated for the Young Player of the Year award too, the two other players (nominated) were really good players and Tom Johnstone deserved the award, he scored some great tries last year. I’ve still got a chance to get it this year so I’ll just keep trying to progress and improve this year.”

Sutton spent a few weeks in Thailand before returning to continue some DIY on his house. He also took time out for a few PT sessions at the new JB Fitness gym in Wigan as he looks to improve on an already impressive year.

“It’s about being more consistent now and putting what I did in the good games into the not so good games and progressing by getting better each game.” He said.

“Everyone here knows that the competition is high, that’s a good thing and I think it’s one of the reasons why we’re so competitive on the field. We’ve got that many players that can play week-in week-out who are all fighting for position and it keeps it fresh. Everyone is training hard and that makes us better in games.”

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/news/2016- ... g60ZDkJ.99
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan