Have we raided Bradford for anyone?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southportcdm

Have we raided Bradford for anyone?

Post by southportcdm »

Much as I feel sorry for the plight of Bradford, I've noticed that several of their players have been snapped up by other clubs (noticeably Huddersfield). Although I don't think any of their first team would interest us there must be some promising youngsters that are now out of contract. Does anybody know if we've expressed any interest? After all, our last 'sudden' signing from Bradford hasn't done badly has he?
medlocke

Re: Have we raided Bradford for anyone?

Post by medlocke »

Jacob Trueman & Cameron Scott supposedly
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

Adam O'Brien who has signed for Huddersfield was a very talented young hooker but at 23 he is probably a touch too old. Not many Bradford players worthy of SL.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

medlocke wrote:Jacob Trueman & Cameron Scott supposedly
Scott would be a major coup, the lad looks like a class act.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

As great an issue is why are Bradford being allowed to remain in the Championship? C1 yes but C - 12 points is wrong and nonsense. Whatsmore, sitting member of the RFL, key figures are answrable as to why they granted the previous owners control of Bradford.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

FWarrior wrote:As great an issue is why are Bradford being allowed to remain in the Championship? C1 yes but C - 12 points is wrong and nonsense. Whatsmore, sitting member of the RFL, key figures are answrable as to why they granted the previous owners control of Bradford.
Please don't comment on the situation at Bradford in this thread as it is primarily about players that are/could be available & whether Wigan Warriors are prepared to sign any.

There is already a thread running on the General Forum discussing the plight of Bradford Bulls.
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

the only one i would of considered has gone already and that was welham, while gildart and gelling are obviously miles ahead i think he's been a career centre and would of been solid backup but only if he was cheap - although he's been taken in by salford
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
The Eclipse

Post by The Eclipse »

Unconfirmed report via twitter that Wigan have signed Joe Brown a tall athletic fullback from Bradford, I think he turns 18yo today. From the little I have seen he looks a great prospect.
FWarrior

Post by FWarrior »

Academy international. Rated by many such as John Bastian. Good pick up if true; potential winger too?
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Any news about Cameron Scott?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards